Midweek Meetings no longer Necessary

by Tech49 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 4thgen
    4thgen

The C.O. probably needs the extra night to review the elders qualifications, so he can decide who to give the axe to.

• prologos
    prologos

heard the letter read tonight. reason given for cancelling one more get-together???

so we can concentrate, not disrupt FAMILY WORSHIP ??? Really???

may be that is were this excuse of a religion is heading, families, individuals huddling in front of their screens all locked in to the Borg.org site??

Obviously this was not a groundswell of R&F clamouring for cancelling the bookstudy in private homes, the 8 days assemblies?

what is it that the top 8 and their HANDLERS do not like about friends being friendly in Company?

often?

so they just cancell it

unilaterally ??

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

reason given for cancelling one more get-together??? so we can concentrate, not disrupt FAMILY WORSHIP ???

So, really, doesn't this mean the WT/Governing Body, as "god's sole channel of communication", was intentionally (or, unconsciously) disrupting Family Worship Night by having that second meeting in place for the CO's visit for decades prior to the change?

Doesn't it also mean (by WT dogma) that Jesus, as "Head of the cong." and "CEO" of the WT Organization, wasn't smart enough to see that the meeting schedule He told the GB to create prior to the change was actually damaging the spirituality of millions of JWs? Not to mention the fact that WT had no Family Worship Night- none, zip, zero, nada- for most of its 133 year existence, so if it's damaging to "disrupt" FWN by having a second meeting night during a CO visit, how damaging was it to have no FWN whatsoever???

It's a constant mystery to me why Jesus and Jehovahâ„¢ specifically tell the WT to do something, and then after decades of time go by, do they realize it was a bad idea, and then effect a change only after the damage is done. Poor Jehovahâ„¢....always a day late and a dollar short.

• BU2B
    BU2B

They announced the reduction in mid-week CO visit meetings last night. My wife was upset by this. Then I told her my prediction (I heard it here) that the Regional Convention will be reduced to 2 days, held at the A$$embly hall in addition to the two one days. She said we need more meetings not less since "everyone is falling out of the truth" so we need more meetings not less. Her best friend, and sister are DF and she is shunning them, it makes me sick to see her staunch attitude. One of my cousins got DF last night, another one of them were DF last year and hasnt come back. I will talk to them if i see them, but it is so hard to watch my wife shun. It must be a taste of having your spouse be working in a concentration camp as a guard or something.. Makes you sick.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Re the spat with Shirley about C/O's ..

In the past or when I was new to this forum I might have made the same comment in support of some decent men that I have known. Certainly, thinking back, there were some excellent characters. Nowadays, from what I see, the bunch of C/O's are youngish men who mainly pioneered from school, graduated Pioneer School and learned about real life from books rather than real experience.

The men of my youth had been around a bit, served in WW2 (or gone to prison as "conchie's) and had seen a bit of life and were well qualified to reprove and exhort , if not to teach because we now know that it was not true....but they were men you could respect.

Not any more...

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

If everyone is supposed to be having a family worship night on the Thursday, the CO can't have meetings with elders etc that night. Maybe they'll say that the CO should sit in on a family worship night. That'll make it even harder to get families willing to have them stay.

• Tech49
    Tech49

I wanted to bring this topic back up to the top. We have our CO visit this week, and am reminded of the "schedule changes" that include dropping the continuing studies in the same boring book for the week, that we have all studied before!!. Thank goodness! OMG! The bible study is SOOO BORING! Listening to some inept brother ask the same dumb question over and over and try to stretch out 5 paragraphs into a 30 minute "study" is just painful.

And per my original post, apparently NOT NECESSARY for anyone!

Jack Harper, Tech49

• millie210
    millie210

ITs funny how a persons missing the Book study was the first sign of spiritual weakness.

Then they morphed it in with the Theocratic School night and all the sudden doing whatever you wanted on that free night was fine!

Mine was always on Tuesday night. A lifetime of having my Tuesday nights planned out was a given,

Then POOF just like that, my Tuesdays were free. All because someone else decided it was so.

Well no more, Now ALL my nights are free and its because "I" decided so.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Thanks for bumping.

We just had our first CO visit without this boring book study. The visit was easier to digest and the week went by quicker. I still wonder if they will drop the book study all together.

• scary21
    scary21
    Wasn't there a scripture about not forsaking the gathering of yourselves together all the LESS as the day draws nearer ? LOL what a joke !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit