Midweek Meetings no longer Necessary

by Tech49 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Magnum
    Magnum

AndDontCallMeShirley: Damn, I never even thought about that.

It's amazing how they can just purely make up some meeting - specifying the exact time it's supposed to last (and you'd better finish right on time), the exact format, the exact schedule, etc. and call it essential. Just some arbitrary meeting somebody made up, yet it's essential - until they cancel it.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

This is what is sometimes wrong with this forum...to quote AndDontCallMeShirley:

"The CO is a regional manager who's job is to make sure the lesser managers (elders) are enforcing company policy. With recent changes, he is now also in the 'business' if "hiring" and "firing" managers for the company, namely, by being the sole person who appoints and deletes elders.

Encouraging the factory workers (Publishers) is of no concern to a CO."

Utter nonsense and you have labelled all CO's with the same brush. I know plenty of CO's who believe in the spirit of the law over and above the letter of the law and don't stick to the guidelines as set out by the society and I have seen CO's take heat about it but as they say they are more concerned about people more so than most elders.

I'm out...faded for the last 2 years but if we are going to help others come out then we need to stop posting stuff like this that looks like bitter words that tar an entire group of people and is just plain untrue.

I know some CO's who are company men and lack a love of people...but I also know lots of CO's who have genuine love for people and have demonstrated that. To say that publishers wellbeing is of no concern to CO's in general is wrong and fuels belief that this forum is full of bitter apostates that go around with placards...

Usually, AndDontCallMeShirley is good with posting...and I'm not picking or singling you out...it is just an observation on these forums that I notice...I much prefer JWR website where you don't get that feeling from posters.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

is it such a big deal ? IIRC the book study and CO talk was the very first meeting during his week and was usually an ass kissing and "getting to know you" night, cant be long before they will complelty stop the "book study" anyway, with DO's being finished this year CO's probably have very busy workloads now.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

notsurewheretogo;

you have either not been a JW very long or you have expereinced a very unique group of CO's from where your from that 99.9% of us have never experienced, being a born in since 1966 I remember many CO's over the years and I can count on the fingers on 1 hand how many could be described as so called loving men who genuinely "cared for the flock" etc edit that make it 1 , who was the man in a position of authority as few years ago in our circuit who wanted inactive publishers in his congs DA'ed , who was the idiot who cornered me at a visit one night and bombarded me with a set of loaded questions that if I didnt lie would have sealed my DFing, who was the man who spoke out against me "not being spiritual" enough for my JW wife? who are the man who appoint those because he's had a green handshake, yet overlook the ordinary hard working brothers beacuse it wasn't in his finacial interest? yes all CO's! DCMShirley is one of the most switched on and knowledgable posters here, dismiss him at your peril.

• Splash
    Splash

The CO's do love to work alongside the factory workers (publishers).

How else will they get ammunition to hammer the elders with?
    It is by the CO going on the ministry with your average joe publisher that the elders are kept in a state of anguish over what the CO may hear.

Splash.

• blondie
    blondie

When I was in high school this was the schedule

Tuesday night--the CO and his wife would go to one book study in a home (selected by congregation servant) Those were the days when the WTS did not assign a certain number of paragraphs so each book study would be on a different page...so the CO (actually circuit servant) and his wife never studied any material consecutively.

Wednesday evening field service with CO and wife

Thursday

TMS and service meeting (shortened) to allow for a 1/2 hour talk by the circuit servant

Friday night

meeting with servants (congregation, assistant congregation, field (service), WT study conductor, school servant, congregation book study servants

Saturday morning

Field service with whole congregation at KH (CO was supposed to work with each of the regular pioneers during the week)

Saturday night

Question and answer session on question sheet handed out to the flock during the week (or the SM before) New Things Learned...then another talk by circuit servant

Sunday

CO give public talk

WT study without reading paragraphs, just question/answer (1/2 hour)

Another CO talk (1/2 hour) public report card for the servants and the congregation (CO went out in service after meeting)

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ NSWTG: Utter nonsense and you have labelled all CO's with the same brush

I hear what you're saying, NSWTG, but here's my perspective:

I am a fourth generation JW. I have relatives who've been CO's, DO's, Special Pioneers, highly influential elders, etc. Hell, as a teenager I used to sit in the same room with Fred Franz and other GB members at District Conventions ! I'm not saying this to brag, I'm saying it to establish that I know what I'm talking about, I've seen things- lots of things. In my 40+ years as a JW, I can recall one, maybe two, COs that I feel genuinely cared for the flock. The rest? Company men! I've seen some of these nitwits do the most unjust, unloving things to the R&F in order to protect an elder or cover WT interests. It may seem unfair to paint all COs with the "same brush", but I'll tell you from experience, a genuine CO is a very rare exception, not the rule. The entire system operates exactly as designed.

A CO officially represents the WTBTS- not the local elders, not the cong., not the publishers. The CO's primary job is to make sure the WT's interests are served first and foremost, and that WT policy is enforced. Additionally, the one CO I mentioned above as being genuine??? He 'retired' from Circuit work early because in his efforts to be a good man by being "more concerned about people" than company (WT) policy brought him truckloads of grief. He couldn't take it anymore so left the Circuit work.

NSWTG: I much prefer JWR website where you don't get that feeling from posters

If you look only for opinions that match your pre-conceived ideas you won't learn much. Step out of your comfort zone and listen to those that have seen a thing or two.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Incidentally, NSWTG, the final straw that elicited my exit from WT was due precisely to the unjust, political, lying, WT Company Man tactics of a Circuit Overseer !! There was a lot that led up that point, but in the end, it was his actions that exposed the WT and it's appointed men for who and what they are.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

But that is the point ADCMS...your post reflects your own experiences which comes across when you say ALL CO's don't care one iota about publishers.

And how do you know what I have experienced? I was in 20 years, served as an elder and pioneer, did talks at DC's (sorry RC's now), served at many Bethel's etc etc and had close connection to John Barr (we come from the same area) so I've been there and done it too...I've mingled with the elite...

Again you say you know one or two genuine CO's but that is your experience...you say they are rare...again your experience...I've served in a lot of countries and can tell you it is not that rare hence why you cannot say what you say...I've seen many a CO take on the org in many points...

You can say "In your experience my opinion is" and that is fair enough but the point of these forums is to help people get out mentally...a very hard thing to do if you are in and threfore these cold and rash points made like "CO's are not interested in publishers" just fuels the thought that this place is full of bitter apostates because the new person visiting here will know not all CO's are like that thus proving you are speaking untruth.

The fact you ascert that I haven't seen much in the org is just my point..you have posted about something you know nothing about (me) and it just makes you look like a bitter person...

We all laughed at the org for tarnishing all people who are apostates as these fighters of God with pictures of people with placards in a recent WT...yet you just tarred all CO's...so you are guilty of the same thing...and again none of this helps those who are just starting out on mentally leaving...

So why post that if it doesn't help one bit...

I like your posts, most of them are good...it is expected that some bias or some of our own experiences come out on here but it doesn't help sometimes when you post stuff that is not true, even if that has been your experience...

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"The fact you ascert that I haven't seen much in the org is just my point"

> I never said or implied this. Read my post again.

"you post stuff that is not true, even if that has been your experience"

> Ummmm....if I've experienced it personally, then it's true. If you read enough posts here, you'll know my experiences are not unique. The group experience constitutes valid evidence.

The point is this, NSWTG: Look at the WT system as a whole. Is it working? Or, is it hopelessly broken? As a whole, do COs/DOs and other "glorious ones" reflect Christ's example? Or, do they instead mimic the religious systems they condemn??

"and again none of this helps those who are just starting out on mentally leaving...So why post that if it doesn't help one bit..."

> You don't know this. Sometimes calling a spade a spade is precisely the wake-up call a JW needs. If a JW visits here and reads my post, and decides WT is where they'll stay no matter what and that I'm a bitter critic, then they weren't ready to leave in the first place, and my statements are irrelevant to their thinking or the decisions they make.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit