What is the biggest regret or source of resentment because of being a Jehovahs Witness?

by stuckinarut2 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• MysticMage
    MysticMage

I also regret not being able to celebrate halloween openly and publicly and proudly!
    God i love Halloween it's so dark and evil!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

wasted time

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Having fun.

Having sex.

Having fun while having sex.

LL (not Bean)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

As ian Dury used to sing "What a Waste!".........By the time that I was moved to wake up I was painfully aware that instead of living forever , my life was 2/3 over and I had wasted most of it

As Data Dog said

It's not that I regret all of my life choices, it's just that all my choices were never really mine.

We suppressed our individuality, we did what we were told, became clones of The Watchtower

No good blaming others, we allowed it to hapen....."nobody's fault but mine"

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I stopped thinking for myself.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

BOC, I was under the impressing that you have resumed thinking for yourself again!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

OUBLIETTE - yes, the thinking has resumed! In fact I'm studying for two final exams this week. . . . Sooooo I should probably get off here!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Born-ins don't have much choice. Once you grow up and IF you learn TTATT, you have choices. One such choice is to warn others, even if you must do it in secret.

DD

• bigmac
    bigmac

Having fun.

Having sex.

Having fun while having sex.

hey Lois--when are you next over this side of the pond ?

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

I could say education like the rest but I've made up for it since leaving, I was never a school lover although I did really well. What I could have done with was real friends , the ones my children have, made at school and still there after you leave. I'm very jealous that they have that and I missed out on that thanks to my parents. Thank goodness we got out before gone AWOL and I made the same mistake with our kids!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit