What is the biggest regret or source of resentment because of being a Jehovahs Witness?

by stuckinarut2 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Leaving my darling mother dying in intensive care to attend a Convention. I don't think I will ever forgive myself!

Although, as I was an hour late (we had left the hospital to bomb up the motorway and caught traffic), not one person greeted me warmly, and in fact, the first words out of my "friend's" mouth were......."You're late"...........She KNEW where I'd been!! So loving, yeah.

Fortunately, after sitting there for half an hour, Jehovah told me to "screw this shit" (actual words!).......so I left......and NEVER WENT BACK!!

Hubby just piped up......he missed the real me in the bedroom

Paula x

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was at a critical point in my life when my mother sent Jehovah's Witnesses into my life to recruit me.

I am resentful that they taught me I didn't need the help of counseling and that Jehovah had a real purpose/assignment for my life. Just be a JW and serve God's organization and don't worry about other things because the end is so near.

I was messed up for more than 20 years because of that.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

No regrets really...Things could have been different, but then again, they could have been a helluva lot worse! I always crack up when I hear family members say, "If I wasn't a witness...." I have a family member who always said something like, "If I hadn't been a witness, I would have been a millionaire." or another who says, "I would have been famous." Well, yeah, maybe...but, truthfully, wherever you are in life right now, be happy you have a life to live. Live each day with purpose. Be happy that you recognized that it was all malarkey while you still have the chance to do something that will make your life meaningful.

SOP

• twice shy
    twice shy

Oooops!!! My thoughts ran ahead of my typing....

NOT Partaking in communion

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

My biggest regret was giving up my freedom and getting involved with this cult and losing 30 years of my life. I put my son through years of the meeting and than goodness he never got baptized.

I gave up so many wonderful celebrations with my family and I gave up my childhood friends for years.

It caused me to lose my physical & mental health which I am now gaining it back but it took its toll.

• kaik
    kaik

I have several, some of them that cannot be repaired anymore:

1. My father after studying with JW aunt did not accept the BS and our family felt apart. He spent most of the time with his mom and eventually died while he supposed to be her caregiver. He never divorced, but moving him out left us in deep poverty. I am up to this point terrified of poverty and to starve without financial resources. Hunger was really bad. With my father passing, I could never tell him that I appreaciate his sacrifices and his desire to have functional family.
    2. I enjoyed sports like jogging and swimming. I could get professional training from the school, but was not able to pursue it even when school tried to recommend me into the county training.
    3. I was not encouraged with university education, so I started late. I got my bachelor degree when I was 30 in time when most of the people were settled with their career.
    4. My sybling is still deeply in, and we lost 20 years of deep relationship. I live without much knowing my nieces and nephews in my life. I sometimes feel I am total stranger who do not know who I am.
  • quellycatface
    quellycatface

Not being able to be a bridesmaid at my best friend's wedding.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

QUELLY:

I can top that: I wasn't a bridesmaid in my own sister's wedding!! How sick is that?

I apologized years later. One more reason to despise the worthless religion.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i think the biggest source of regret is simply that i had to leave after a half a life time of putting kingdom interests first and going without for nothing and i couldn't go back even if i wanted to because i can't join in the preaching. i tried.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Didn't get a degree when young and all the fornicating I missed out on lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit