Lifting the Veil on "Islamophobia"

by cofty 108 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

I think the biggest threat that Islam poses is to the welfare of it's own adherents. Espcially the female ones.

It is an anachronism that is long overdue for reform.

It's not easy when would-be reformers are labelled as apostates and threatened with death.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Well, I agree totally that it's unacceptable how Muslim women are treated. I just sense a bit of hysteria in certain countries regarding certain increasing immigrant populations.... You know, it's okay, we have a long history of that in the U.S.: the immigrants as well the attendant hysteria. Some of my immigrant ancestors were the subjects of various ethnic slurs and were sometimes denied jobs based on their country of origin. But after a generation or two had passed, their kids fit in well with society and things proceeded calmly, until the next wave of immigrants from a different country got here.

• cofty
    cofty

after a generation or two had passed, their kids fit in well with society and things proceeded calmly

Islam views "fitting in" in a similar way to the Watchtower.

• Randomthoughts
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Here is Islam's version of progress for women:

Iran: Then and Now

Look how much they've accomplished in 40 years!

(Link to pics provided by Randomthoughts)

• Randomthoughts
    Randomthoughts

Thanks Oubliette.

• cofty
    cofty

wow - what a perfect illustration of the toxic effect of Islam on society.

Thanks for the links.

• Randomthoughts
    Randomthoughts

No problem cofty, I thought it might be relevant.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I have a vision of a world without religion.

I don't know exactly how or when it's going to happen; I probably won't even see it in my lifetime. But it IS going to happen.

There will also probably eventually be one world government. I only hope that we figure out a way to actually realize the ideals of justice, freedom and equality for all people, regardless of color, race or gender.

It's not hard to see, how beautiful this world could be. If only ....

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Islam views "fitting in" in a similar way to the Watchtower.

Here is Islam's version of progress for women

what a perfect illustration of the toxic effect of Islam on society.

No, no, no. Hold on here. You guys seem to be saying that you think this could happen in other countries. Guess what? Iran was already Muslim but progressive. Then it got conservative. There were a lot of factors involved there and I don't feel comfortable trying to sum them up, but it was much more complex than you're making it sound, and largely a fluke. That situation isn't going to occur in England or other Western countries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit