Lifting the Veil on "Islamophobia"

by cofty 108 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

Deceived - Thank you for the book suggestion. At least the WT don't kill their apostates.

Ruby - I will get around to reading that interview and get back to you.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Justitia Themis:

I notice you did not address any of my questions on the past thread nor any of the data I showed but merely posted a few "academic references" without any relevancy to the discussion as best I can tell.

You, are partially correct Bohm. I ignored your question, just as I usually ignore your posts. I have been on this board as long as you, and I am fully aware that you are entrenched in your anti-Islam position and are not interested in any information that doesn't align with your preconceived prejudices.

Additionally, I have a busy life, demanding job, and have moved on from being a JW, so I don't visit/post here very often.

I take issue, however, with your assertion that the academic references I posted lack relevancy. This thread's scope has expanded to include a more general discussion of Islam, including the processes used to interpret the Quran. And no, I have not read the entire Quran, nor do I intend to. I no longer waste my time reading ancient books in which words really mean nothing because people interpret them to reflect their hatred, desires, and biases. Just like with the bible, good people will interpret the Quran in a positive, encompassing manner, and mean-spirited people will see hatred and justified killing.

Regardless, back to your post . . . your 70% assertion is incorrect.

Here is the Pew report that I assume you are referencing: http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/04/worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-full-report.pdf

The report notes that 60-70% of Muslims in some countries support death for apostates. It also supports the accuracy of my statement, namely, that the vast majority of the whole group of Muslims in the world do not support death for apostacy. When reviewing the Pew report, it is important to note these figures reflect a limited sample pool. NOT included in the sample group are responses from Muslims in the U.S., Canada, England, etc.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/05/01/64-percent-of-muslims-in-egypt-and-pakistan-support-the-death-penalty-for-leaving-islam/

One that jumped out for me was the alarmingly high share of Muslims in some Middle Eastern and South Asian countries who say they support the death penalty for any Muslim who leaves the faith or converts to another.

According to Pew's data, 78 percent of Afghan Muslims say they support laws condemning to death anyone who gives up Islam. In both Egypt and Pakistan, 64 percent report holding this view. This is also the majority view among Muslims in Malaysia, Jordan and the Palestinian territories.

It's important to note, though, that this view is not widely held in all Muslim countries or even among Muslims in these regions. In Bangladesh, another majority Muslim South Asian state that has a shared heritage with Pakistan, it is about half as prevalent, with 36 percent saying they support it. Fewer than one in six Tunisian Muslims hold the view, as do fewer than one in seven Muslims in Lebanon, which has a strong Christian minority.

The view is especially rare among Central Asian and European Muslims. Only 6 percent of Russian Muslims agree that converts from Islam should face death, as do 1 percent of Albanian Muslims and, at the bottom of the chart, 0.5 percent of Kazakhs.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Thanks JT. Clearly Islam is not a monolithic thing. Like any religion, it varies in its practice by region according to local factors. It seems to me that there's probably a racial element behind the higher numbers in some countries, such that "leaving Islam" implies joining Christianity or another religion, or even another branch of Islam that is not the "real" Islam to the person being surveyed, with those other religions being associated with local racial minorities or unwanted foreigners.

• cofty
  • myelaine
    myelaine

Link: letter to congressional leaders on the threat of stealth jihad in america.

http://shariahthethreat.org/

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

This is part 10 of this instructional video. Part 9 is very revealing too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lak8PLuI0gU

Shana

• myelaine
    myelaine

Thank you Shana...

I think it is important to listen to all the videos simply because in order they lay out the timeline to show when this penetration started...before 9/11. Skipping directly to 9 and 10 (while it is more "timely") plays into the hands of those who would label creeping sharia/obama compliance nothing more than sensational conspiracy. Easily dismissed. But from the beginning of video 1 the proof is there and undeniable. Everyone owes it to themselves and their loved ones to be informed about the inroads that sharia adherents have made in the U.S.A. already. Many people believe that it is a matter of voting for sharia and they wouldn't DO that but, the nature of creeping sharia and the means of implementing it are not obvious and, as is shown in the video, it has already been successful in causing fear of speaking the truth (by quoting the koran/drawing attention to mohammad's dictates in the hadith) and legally "binding" free speech under the guise of freedom of religion...

love michelle

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I do not have the deep knowledge of the subject that some here do, but there is this:

There is an inherent conflict between Islam and the most respected principle of American life, the right to free speech.

Islam will not tolerate criticism of the prophet, and one who depicts the prophet in caricature or by means of an actor will get death threats, or will be castigated as being regressive or intolerant; is the same charge made of those who ridicule Christianity? (Me I believe all religion should be questioned and ridiculed.)

Criticism or ridicule of Jesus or of jewish beliefs are shrugged off, for the most part.

Radical islamists are not living in the modern day; they believe with the most ignorant fundamental fervor what was written by devotees of the prophet hundreds of years ago (as do fundamental christians).

Will they ever accomplish the change to a more modern, sophisticated tradition?

How will this play out?

Will muslims learn to accept and just ignore the ridicule and disrespect that christians and jews are used to, or will the US, like Britain, weaken the basic right of freedom of speech to mollify radical islamists?

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Pistoff...

the short answer is...not likely. so far there has been "self censorship" on the part of the government, military, media, and campus student body to avoid offending the muslim population of america (in general) in an effort to thwart further unrest...capitulation to the dictates of blasphemy laws contained in sharia law.

http://shariahthethreat.org/a-short-course-1-what-is-shariah/a-short-course-7-blasphemy/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit