Lifting the Veil on "Islamophobia"

by cofty 108 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

Thank you for the link Ruby. I will read it carefully tonight.

• cofty
    cofty

Here is a link to Rogier van Bakel's 2007 interview of Ayaan Hirsi Ali that you quoted from Ruby.

"The Trouble is the West..."

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

thanks cofty. The interview in full together with her experiences is the reason why I am willing to hear and keep on hearing her story and not take too much issue with her pov. Now Sam Harris, what can I say....

• Laika
    Laika

The reason interview is a little bit mental, she's like Islam's own Danny Haszard.

• bohm
    bohm

Justitia Themis:

I notice you did not address any of my questions on the past thread nor any of the data I showed but merely posted a few "academic references" without any relevancy to the discussion as best I can tell.

I did not read all the articles, but the authors you cite do not report any numbers on how muslims interpret shahira law in the articles you cite.

I did; the number of the muslims who for instance support death to apostates is not extremely low as you falsely claim but around 70% in muslim countries, and at any rate the point is not how muslims interpret the quran but the quran (and islam) as a ideological point.

I ask again, have you read the quran? What do you think about islam (as it is described in the Quran) as an ideological position?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

In case no one else has posted this:

Christian woman in Sudan sentenced to death for her faith

A Sudanese court has sentenced a Christian woman to death for renouncing Islam, her lawyer said Thursday.

Meriam Yehya Ibrahim, 27, was convicted by a Khartoum court this week of apostasy, or the renunciation of faith.

The country imposes Sharia law on Muslims and non-Muslims alike and punishes acts of "indecency" and "immorality" by floggings and amputations, the commission said.

"Conversion from Islam is a crime punishable by death, suspected converts to Christianity face societal pressures, and government security personnel intimidate and sometimes torture those suspected of conversion," the commission, whose members are appointed by the president, said in its report.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

BTTT

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Don't give Mohammed so much credit. Mohammed was born six hundred years

after the death of Jesus Christ. The Catholic Church was well established and translations

of the Hebrew scriptures and the new testament were in wide circulation from Egypt

throughout Europe. The Muslims claim Mohammed could not read because he was a merchant.

Merchants need to read and kept most of the records archeologists dig up.

His first wife was a wealthy woman who could provide him with books and tutors.

The Quran is full of references to the Torah and he talks about Abraham and

Jesus and Christians and Jews in the Quran. Read the Quran at your local library.

Its full of violence and death to infidels , which he defined they way the

Governing Body defines "infidels" and "apostates", namely; anyone who does not accept their

authority exclusively. Mohammed was a killer, he got up and army

and rode on Medina and slaughtered all who would not accept him as Prophet.

As soon as he died his followers went on a rampage that ended up taking over

nearly all of the know civilized world by the sword. Spain overthrew the Muslims

in 1450. They OCCUPIED Spain for about 600 years. Tell that to the Palestinians.

Claims that Islam is a "peaceful" religion is the same as the WT claiming they

have "love among themselves" and are doing "God's will", the evidence speaks for itself.

This lastest fiasco in Nigeria is devote Muslims following the Quaran to the letter of what

is written in it. The Quran advocates beating your wife and killing anyone who tries to leave

the Muslim faith. Any legal civil rights advocated in the Quran are lifted directly and copied

from the Torah.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Islam is not a religion at all, but a totalitarian ideology.

Shana

• Deceived
    Deceived

I read the article of the OP and found it fascinating. So Much so that I wanted to know who this Ayaan Hirsi Ali was. I got her book Infidel and am almost finished reading it. A must read to really understand Islam from someone who has lived it and left it.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention Cofty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit