A serving elder's take on the new "tithing" arrangement

by TTATTelder 120 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I think historically it's always been the oldies that donate the most reliably in a monetary sense.

Without them and Bro "Loads of money but a bit of a dickhead", they would really struggle getting consitent monthly contributions.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

sparrowdown .... I agree totally.

I think a lot of their wealth has come from guilt-tripped last will and testaments also.

This new arrangement is trying to pull more out of the "regular folks" which it will.

DJS ...hilarious! laughed out loud on that one

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

TTATTelder

PM sent

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey
    Suspiciousposted ~ 21 hours ago(5/2/2014)

Post 79 of 79
    Joined 5/27/2013

You are better off putting an exaggerated number on that sheet and not contributing a dime. There is no way they can enforce that slip if you don’t put in money.

Haha...Suspicious is right! Put something like you can contribute $200.00 per month then sign it as Joe Elder. They'll be looking to Joe Elder to cough it up every month, but he won't be able to.... LOL

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

What is truly amazing is in 4 years they liquidate a billion, conservative, in global real estate assets, and are STILL asking for more money. There is not an "investor" in all history as plainly stupid as a JW to not see what is going on - liquidation prior to final implosion of the Bethel corporations, plain and simple!

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Ocean1111 - You make a good point.

Many on this forum have speculated that the pedophilia lawsuits are mounting and will eventually topple the org.

It does seem as if the org lawyers have told them its time to liquidate and get the money as far out of reach as possible.

It would also explain the sudden desire to milk the cow with this new pledge/tithe thing. It's like they are getting all they can as fast as they can.

Something is on the horizon - and it ain't Armegeddon.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

The re-allocation of real estate and printing is not inconsequential.

Canada is printing for the US, which justifies the US sending "payment" for the mags. A legal way to launder money out of the US corps. that face liability issues. There are many legal ways for corps. to protect assets under numerous entities, esp. when they are multi-national.

• Fernando
    Fernando

What about writing "After caring for my household, I will be donating as much as I can to those in need in our local community"?

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

I HAVE TOLD MY WIFE WHO ATTENDS REGULARILLY IF SHE PUTS ANYTHING OTHER THAN A ZERO ON THAT PAPER SHE WILL HAVE TO GET A JOB TO EARN IT> LOL

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The largest sum of money at my Episcopal Church went to salaries for the priest and music director. I thought I was giving a generous amount.. We had an usual stewardship day b/c the lay member told us some expenses. I thought light bulbs were two or three dollars. It turned out they cost sixty dollars b/c of the size and energy efficiency. They were saving money with these ligh bulbs.

Churches that run professional music departments with a paid choir spend a lot of money. People pack the church at lunch time for free organ concerts. The average contribution was fifty cents. Fifth cents will not cover the organ maintenance cost.

It seems to me that the WT offers very little to KH attendees. A talk by someone uneducated and unskilled. The WT questions with all their depth. No music. We always had metal folding chairs. I know richer KHs had stadium type seats. They were upholstered.

How can they demand money after poking fun of Christian offertories for so many years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit