JW.ORG signs to be put on all Kingdom Halls! New directive.

by stuckinarut2 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Sadly, I can see this taking place.

JW.org is perfect for Jwism. It's their preferred method of "preaching", a one way conversation. They don't have to logically discuss or defend anything. Jws in field-circus can still run away from defending the faith, by repeating "Jw.org..Jw.org..." The website has all the advantages of reaching others, without the disadvantages of something like a radio station with callers. Yes, there is no need to "defend" anything, just regurgitate information and never accept criticism or allow comments.

Speaking of not being able to defend the faith and running way, has anyone seen EMETH???

DD

• blondie
    blondie

But not KINGDOM HALL OF JEHOVAH'S CHRISTIAN WITNESSES

*** km 4/79 p. 4 Announcements ***

Is it appropriate to have a Kingdom Hall sign saying: “Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Christian Witnesses”? So there will be uniformity, the Society encourages all to make their signs read: “Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I would be surprised since WTBTS went on a campaign a number of years back to rid KHs of the WT logo based on copyright infringement. I supposed KHs that are owned by WTBTS could have them with no issue, but ones that are not could be problematic. You never know these days. This org. is getting weirder and weirder.

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 4/09 p. 4 Question Box ***

Question Box

Is it appropriate for congregations or individuals to use the logos of legal corporations used by Jehovah’s Witnesses?

A logo is a name, symbol, or trademark designed for easy and definite recognition. The Watch Tower logo is representative of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania and other corporations used by the organization. The Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses uses an open Bible in its letterhead. Other corporations used by Jehovah’s Witnesses have different logos.

Congregations or individuals should not use logos or names of the organization’s legal entities, or variations thereof, on their Kingdom Halls, signs, letterhead, personal objects, and so forth. Such use of the organization’s logos may cause confusion for public officials, publishers, and others about the legal affiliation of the congregation with the organization’s legal entities. Similarly, written correspondence could be misinterpreted as being approved or sent from the world headquarters or the branch office.

The Watch Tower logo, or a variation of it, should not be used in future Kingdom Hall projects even if the Kingdom Hall is owned by a Watch Tower entity. Congregations with existing Kingdom Halls that bear a logo are not required to make immediate changes to signs or designs, since such changes may involve major alterations and much time, effort, and expense. However, consideration should be given to making a change if it would be minor and would not require extensive work. Otherwise it can be made when the building or sign is scheduled for renovation.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Thanks, Blondie!

The Watch Tower logo, or a variation of it, should not be used in future Kingdom Hall projects even if the Kingdom Hall is owned by a Watch Tower entity.

Of course, they could easily reverse this directive.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Soon to be followed by JWs wearing sandwich boards in front of local churches saying,

"Everything on the Internet except JW.Org is a snare and a racket".

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL! @ ADCMS!!!

DD

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

A lot of Cities/Towns don't allow banners on public buildings or require permits allowing them for a limited time.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I would look for a total rebranding. Not just a sign, but I think the magazines will be consolidated into one leaflet with JW.org on the front. They need to get away from the word "watchtower", and I think they know it.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

This is var'ree in- tor - est - ing ... (Peter Lorre???)

The poor abused JW sheeples , will do whatever the GB directs them to do.

Abuse causes mindlessness.

LL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit