JW.ORG signs to be put on all Kingdom Halls! New directive.

by stuckinarut2 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Based on the K M that Blondie put up for us above, I cannot see this being reality. They do not trust the local congs. with their identity , they want to be able to disown what the locals say or do, if necessary

• blondie
    blondie

Oh, I didn't say they would do it now, I was being sarcastic that it would be better in their mind to be identified as jw.org than as Christians on their KH sign. I remember when that started and those congregations got slapped pretty hard. The WTS even dropped that phrase from the publications starting in 1984 except for some personal jw comments.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think I picked up a worm on that site. Good thing Avast caught it before it could install itself.

Just wait until people start getting told that. And, the worst is that the worm will be installed, not on their computer (where it can be removed) but in their brains.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Does anyone have the WTS cartoon of the computer cord that looked like a snake, and warned against the dangers of the Internet. This was just a few years ago, when JWs didn't like the Internet. Also, didn't it warn against smart phones too?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Blondie - you have it!!!

Why dont they want to be identified as CHRISTIAN for Chrissakes?

They prefer a stone age death god who was the mate of Ashteroth.

HB

• Island Man
    Island Man

I could so see that happening! Have you noticed the new push to advertise jw.org at special meetings like the memorial and the special talk? Having a jw.org sign at every kingdom hall seems like the next logical progression.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They are pimping jw.borg [ I will not be typing the actual site name anymore, as I do not want to help them in any way] like mad from the platform. After every special public talk it's ad time...

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I find this totally believable.

Barb Anderson was right; the WTS is trying to rebrand itself as a net-savvy "e-religion" (whilst becoming even more ultraconservative and insular, if that's at all possible).

Jeezus; it's like Bill O'Reilly having a mid-life crisis and trying to give himself a Hugh Jackman makeover.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

WTWizard - "This was just a few years ago, when JWs didn't like the Internet. Also, didn't it warn against smart phones too?"

And TV.

And movies.

And rap music.

Whatever's (inexplicably) popular at the time.

It's like SNL's Church Lady; "If I can't understand it, it must be from Satan!"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Finkelstein:

I agree with you that these signs will only make the religion look more commercial or cultish. And this is exactly HOW it deserves to look. So, this is a good thing as far as I am concerned. I also feel the same way about those JW literature carts you see popping up.

The end result is that the religion looks "less religious" and more like other groups in recent decades who had tables and handed out literature and went the way of the dinosaur.

I doubt very much if anybody will be attracted to this religion anymore except for a few stragglers or people in third-world countries who see it as a means to better themselves materially.

The JW religion's heyday is long gone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit