Hi Guys, I'm new here...

by Mikado 47 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

Welcome

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Welcome Mikado. I've been out twenty-five years too. It wasn't easy without the internet was it? It will be good to hear your thoughts on moving on.

• Thor
    Thor

Hello and welcome Mikado!

Peace to you and your wife!

Mrs Thor

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

very nice to meet you

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi. I like your name.

LoisLane

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Welcome Mikado!

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Welcome

• Mikado
    Mikado

thanks for such a marvellous welcome..

I like the walking wounded sentiment, I suspect it's true, but honestly I regard myself as a survivor.

my comment saying my partner is a "spiritually weak', was tongue in cheek. it was much harder for them to see the need to leave, as they had a vvery different experience. Their father was very opposed, they were one of a very large family and that balanced out the nuttiness they received...

for example

they played chess ! the horror of it

could participate in sports

could have 'worldly" friends (what a disgraceful expression that is)

could eat Christmas cake, just not on the "right" day...

When I was telling them off the reality of the hardcore jw life, they honestly didnt believe it, being able to show them on here really made a difference.

Their family is a great example of people who dont attend, know almost nothing about the Jw practices, but are convinced it's the truth.....

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome!

All input is appreciated!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome! It is 30+ years out for me. I still want to challenge the ones at the door or if I see them in the streets... My mom is still in, hardcore. Love her, but she is messed up.

We are glad you are here!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit