Welcome to the board Mikado

• Zoos
    Zoos

Welcome Mikado.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome Mikado,

I can relate to what you said about feeling sick. We have only been out a few months, and when my daughter see's JWs she feels sick and it causes her to get anxious and very irritable. She holds on to alot of resentment. Thanks for being honest about the fact that the feelings haven't gone away over time. sometimes we need the brutal truth, but if I know I can treat her with care and consideration.

Thanks for your post.

Kate xx

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

Welcome Mikado, a fan of Gilbert and Sullivan??

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome Mikado!

you said: Funnily enough, I suspect that I may never be totally 'over' the damage that JW do to you.

We are the walking wounded. It will never be completely gone but that is what makes us human and ex-JWs. Learn from the past, plan for tomorrow, execute today. Some of my family are in and they don't really talk to the rest of us. Luckily me and my brothers never got baptized. None of us are 'in'. We also have more family out than in.

My Dad was a Ministerial Servant. He 'dedicated' himself (aka got baptized) around 1986 after he retired. He now has dementia and is in a nursing home. He never talks about the religion. About 4 years ago he told me he has no idea what they are talking about anymore.

I keep in touch with an elder and his wife from his last congregation. They are nice people. The wife emailed me asking if it is ok for some of the folks from his previous congregation to visit him. So I asked him a couple of weeks ago if he'd like that. He said "No."

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome Mikado!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome! Glad to have you. Looking forward to getting know you more. :)

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

You are married to a "non spiritually sound JW"? What's that?

And WELCOME

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Mikado, welcome and (((hugs)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit