Hi Guys, I'm new here...

by Mikado 47 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

Hi Mikado-welcome!

• Mikado
    Mikado

Thanks guys for such a wonderful welcome..

I'm married, with no kids, to a thankfully, non spiritually sound JW.

My mother amazingly will speak to me, as I was carefull to fade(long before I heard of anyone else doing so), and having left the area was easier to do it. I wouldn't have been able to so so otherwise.

However, she is both so hard line, and basicly nuts, that I have chose not to have contact, basicly for the sake of my peace of mind.

fortunatly my step father died twenty odd years ago

Funnily enough, I suspect that I may never be totally 'over' the damage that JW do to you. I saw some jws on a literature stand a week or so ago, and it made me feel physically ill... how many of you still have that gut response?

• zebagain
    zebagain

Made you feel physically ill? Please seek counseling.

Good health to you.

• Mikado
    Mikado

had lots of counselling. I suspect its a too deeply learnt response...

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

hi Mikado - it's really nice to that you have come back

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Hi Mikado and welcome.

I know the feeling about having that reaction when seeing the witnesses. It just gets you like that sometimes. Keep talking, you obviously need to get some things off your chest. Counselling will help, if it's interfering with your life.

Were you sad about your stepfather dying? Did you wish you'd told him about how angry you were etc....

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome, I'm glad you have a life away from the cult. Enjoy the freedom.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Oh yeah! Lol I think everyone can relate to being sick about the false preaching work. I've learned to ignore them because they have rights just like everyone else.

Welcome!

• Mikado
    Mikado

quells attack,

No, my stepfathers death was such a liberation. You know all the talk of elders covering up child abuse? he was one of them, and truly but sadly a very unpleasant person..

• jhine
    jhine

Welcome Mikado

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit