Letter to BOE: Adjustment in process for appointing elders and ministerial servants

by pixel 143 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Yeah, cos any peodo is going to come clean when the CO has a friendly word.....

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

@Vidiot

2012 TO NOW: Bethel sold $500 million in US properties, maybe more, some of that pending.

Since 2004, $800 million in US properties. Maybe more, my info is not complete, and just the US.

WHO SELLS 500 MILLION IN A COUPLE YEARS? And then screams for more money?

That too is a bad sign. They are looting the place, and squeezing the JWs for every last drop, and now even looting the congregation bank accounts.

To make it more suspicious, all this while JW growth is actually contracting.

I would bet if one took the time to write all these adjustment details of just the last 3 years down, it would be a CSI timeline of a grand coup in the making.

That they are accelerating the process now, and trying to jam in as much as possible in as short a time as possible, is also a strange red flag. A "scarlet" flag. Something weird is in the making for the Bethel billions. JWs can kiss it all good bye, IMO. Free investment, free labor, free maintenance, free everything. It is the Bethel elites that are making out like bandits with JW donated millions valuated with slave labor.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ocean1111 - "Who sells 500 million in a couple years? And then screams for more money?"

Reminds me of a phrase I read a while back:

"All movements eventually become institutions, which eventually become businesses, which eventually become rackets."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" He's going forward in his new role with the confidence that only ignorance can bring." - Skeeter

LOL!!! Quote of the week!!!

DD

• Spectre
    Spectre

I didn't read all 7 pages so this might have been already said, but:

If they are doing this for liability reasons after this goes into affect, they will cancel having elders call up HQ legal in the event of any criminal wrongdoing.

They might also have all congregations become a sort of franchise. Related in name only.

• freddo
    freddo

Loads of branches have closed. This means service departments in the big branches cater for more traffic. Just like pioneers aren't overseen by the branch anymore- as in sending in reports etc. - nor will e&ms appointments be. Takes away the workload and means the org can:

1. Take useful branch service dept members and put them on profitable building projects, pedo defence and money related activity.

2. Take useless branch service dept members and kick 'em to the curb or send them off to East Nyack as a special pioneer.

CO's can access WT megacorp's database of pedo's, weirdo's and face-doesn't- fit-o's before appointing and can be the fella the buck stops at for deleting.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

As long as WT policy continues to be that the elders are to call the Legal Department at the local branch office FIRST when they hear of any child abuse, WT will continue to be held responsible for protecting pedos. It doesn't matter who does the appointing when it's WT Legal Dept that's so obviously pulling the strings.

Back in the day they claimed elders to be SPIRIT APPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed. There is no mention of holy spirit in this letter.

It's been years since I was in Bethel. So my frame of reference on the thinking of Writing/Service Departments is outdated with all the changes. In my estimation, there must be a reason that it was announced to the entire congregation rather than just sending a letter to the BOE changing the procedure. I'm wondering if this is a response to the study articles back in January that promoted the elders as "Jesus on earth". I wouldn't be surprised if WT got swamped with letters asking, "How did Br. Dipsh!t get appointed by the GB? He was arrested for beating his wife, so don't tell me that I should trust him as a shepherd."

The brevity of this letter with "article to follow" seems like a knee-jerk reaction. The reason "we're doing it like the scriptures" is bizarre, because their reason for doing it the old way was because the technology to check with the GB and have a "spirit appointed" response in a couple of weeks wasn't possible in the 1st century. So why are they dumping the technology for the GB to "prayerfully review each recommendation"? Two things come to my mind:

1) Reducing paperwork for Service Department. Saves postage and a few bethelites with rubber stamps.

2) Less blame for the branch and GB when Br. Dipsh!t gets appointed. You can't blame the GB's lack of holy spirit when it's just the CO that does the appointing. And the COs will continue to get rotated so they only have a limited amount of blame before they get a fresh start.

I just wonder what kind of mail they get at WT these days. Back when I was in Bethel, I knew that they were continually swamped with letters that they took months/years to respond to. Since they've already said, "please stop writing to the branch" it must have gotten a lot worse.

...of course, it doesn't help when people like me keep writing letters to the branch using other peoples' names and addresses.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

"...of course, it doesn't help when people like me keep writing letters to the branch using other peoples' names and addresses."

Way to go Billy!

• label licker
    label licker

I know two months ago I went into bethel with my transcript of my jc and gave it to two brothers in service department. Didn't hear for two months so I called and the idiot said that it would take at least two years to take a look at it since it was sitting in a stack of complaints and the other complaints come first before mine. And yes they are getting tons of letters of complaints coming in but like I was told by someone in bethel, the society is looking after the lawsuits for there are many and us little shits are a waste of their time.

I had even called the branch committee brother and he told me to bring it in and that if there were problems that they would send two brothers to investigate it. He later denied saying that to me over the phone and when I called him back he hung up on me. I couldn't call out for forty minutes.

I don't see this changing anything since our co is around forty and has grown up with all these wicked elders. He's in thick with them all. He didn't want to help me untill he found out I had my jc taped. He was like jeckyle and hyde. All he wanted was the tape which I did not hand over. It's a cult for sure!

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

As long as WT policy continues to be that the elders are to call the Legal Department at the local branch office FIRST when they hear of any child abuse, WT will continue to be held responsible for protecting pedos.

Or its an effort to disclaim liability by showing that (a) they have a mandatory policy that elders contact the branch when a child abuse case arises and (b) showing that they always give the same advice: contact the authorities where required by applicable law. If pedophilia went unreported it was either because the elders didnt' contact the branch despite the mandatory policy being in place or because the elders failed to follow through on the branch's instructions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit