Letter to BOE: Adjustment in process for appointing elders and ministerial servants

by pixel 143 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Does this mean that the C.O. has access to the abuser database and check the name before appointment?

Or does he just pick any brown-noser that he chooses?

• blondie
    blondie

4thgen, aren't child abusers asked if they are child abusers by the BOE and they have to tell the truth.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Hi Blondie, You made me laugh. Certainly. They are so morally upright, of course, would tell the truth about participation in child abuse. (sarcasm)

Those poor unsupecting JW children

• jimbojones
    jimbojones

I think people are missing the point that this letter now gives the CO power to remove any elder or ms, without explanation. Have a disagreement with the CO, removed. Look at the CO funny, removed. Don't give the CO a green handshake, removed. Don't have the right food when the CO comes for supper, removed.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

They have to go a lot farther to shield themselves from legal action than giving COs appointment ability. They seem to be hell bent on letting their COs or company men suffer for the good of the Corporation or take the blame and get sued, 1st they lay off all the old CO and leave them basically penniless beggars looking to the local brothers for help to survive on a meager amount they may get from welfare and what not, and now they want them to bear the brunt of lawsuits they created through their own negligence of fudiciary duty.

• blondie
    blondie

But, the WTS has a low count of elders and MS and want the brothers to reach out. Do you think that a CO can go through a congregation with an unnamed scythe and reduce the BOE by even one and not catch the WTS attention? I can see him doing it with a WT named scythe, following the organization's agenda.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

It also looks like they plan on still useing pedofiles to be elder and ministerial servants and have the CO take the blame for appointing them. They must be scraping the bottom of the barrel these days for ministerial servants and elders, because it is hard to find good ministers amoung the delusionally indoctrinated that don't have something wrong with him psychologically speaking because they have become as little children as to their understanding of the world and how it operates..

• metatron
    metatron

This policy will cause short term gain and longer term losses.

So, CO's and elders take the fall for the Society, legally speaking? And elders are now completely subservient to the CO? And they may have to harass the congregation about donation pledges? Tell me, how does that work for Public Television?

It's gonna be fun to watch.

metatron

• SadElder
    SadElder

Under the present arrangement, the elders meet with the CO and make a recommendation. If the CO is against this it won't happen, either he will get the local brothers to back off or he will kill it through his letter of dissent to Crooklyn. So in reality this arrangement has been in effect since the elders arrangement went into effect.

I think this is a smoke screen by Brooklyn, a legal manuver to still some potential lawsuits and to distance themselves from the local yocals who seem to keep screwing up. I would look for the appointment letter to come from the branch after approving the action. They won't admit this procedure exists of course. We'll see what the Washtowel has to say as to procedure and any subsquent letters from the Bethel CIA (Service Dept).

Salheart: Yes when the elders arrangement went into effect all had to be reappointed as elders or MS. There was quite a lot of wrangling that went on in the meetings held to decide who did or didn't qualify as an elder. It was an interesting experience to say the least.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Back in the day they claimed elders to be SPIRIT APPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

This was my immediate thought also as I read the letter. If HS is responsible for appointing elders, as WT has always claimed, then why change the current arrangement?? Without saying it, WT is revealing they do not believe HS has anything to do with it. Or, maybe they are admitting HS has done a poor job so far and another method must be used.

As if a CO, who visits a cong. only two times a year, is in any better position to appoint a man as the elders who see that man every week.

As pointed out previously, in CoC Ray Franz really revealed the nonsense of this entire 'appointed by Holy Spirit' concept, as the GB simply signs off the paper work on men they've never met and never will meet. Just a name on a page.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit