Letter to BOE: Adjustment in process for appointing elders and ministerial servants

by pixel 143 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The company I work for has an initiative to Conquer Complexity because complexity slows things down and costs money.

"Additional information will appear in the November 15, 2014, issue of The Watchtower."

As a study article or Question from Readers?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

For those who are saying the CO's and elders make the recomendation anyway you are missing a main subtle little point:

Back in the day they claimed elders to be SPIRIT APPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes the elders made a recomendation and the CO backed it But the kicker was that the APPOINTMENT of these men was such a sacred undertaking that the GB faithfully prayed over EACH AND EVERY ONE!!!!!!!

They have completely did away with the 2 primary bullshit scriptures that they used to empower the elders Eph 4:8 The alledged 'gifts in men' and I forget the location of the scripture in rev that they used to say elders are the stars in jesus hand.

SO to say this is no big deal is to buy into the lies and BS that they continue to sell to the R&F!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Most JWs don't know & don't care how elders & ms are appointed or deleted. They just hear the announcement.-dozy

I would have to disagree with that as far as the two congs I have been in. JWs were very interested in who was and wasn't being appointed. Lots of contiencious brothers who cared about justice and mercy and really cared for others were overlooked in place of suck ups. Ones that challenged injustices were called out as being rebellious.

IMO, this must happen a lot because it's a cult and the GB want "company men".

Most JWs would be interested in knowing this, it would give them a false sense of security that Jehovah will fix all the nepotism, and favouritism in the cong, when really things won't change at all. The more things change the more they stay the same. So reading it out may create more zealous publishers for a time that feel encouraged IMO

Kate xx

• Fernando
    Fernando

"It sounds like the GB is throwing the C.O. under the bus for lawsuits." - OTWO

Sounds like that to me too...

• Comatose
    Comatose

Darth Frosty you are right! One of the most important things I got right away was that the CO is just another elder. He isn't anointed, he isn't full of more holy spirit than a normal elder. He is just a guy. Before you could say the GB had approved it, I imagined them praying about appointments then mailing back the okay. Now..... It's just a guy.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I imagined them praying about appointments then mailing back the okay-coma

Sadly you imagined it wrong, I imagined the same thing too. That is what was good about CoC for me, the way the GB voted for everything and changed policy with a 2/3rds majority. Nothing to do with prayer and direction of HS. Kate xx

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

After re-reading this letter, a couple of points came to mind.

The circuit overseers are now responsible for making these decisions. No longer do they pass recomendations to the branch. They are liable for their appointments and deletions; perhaps the consequences as well. You can be sure that the CO's received their own separate letter too.

In the post script, it refers to future letters that will provide additional direction regarding this 'adjustment'. Any elder with his head screwed on realizes that this is just the tip of the iceberg. The pressure continues to be turned up on elders - and they will pay, their wives will pay and their kids will pay.

The GB doesn't care about the individual. It cares about the sustainablity of the organization. The message is clear to elders > either play by the new adjustments (rules) or you will be deleted.

ginger

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I this comes from the legal departement.

Maybe it has to do with each congregation being a separate legal unit (I hope this is understandable, I don't know how to put it in english) and not to be directed by the WTS. The WTS and the GB seems to separate themselves from the congregations, and the reason is probably all those lawsuits.

They throw their COs and elders under the bus........that's sad for thos loyal company men.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

Just a couple of quick points - does this mean that current elders & mss wont be viewed as appointed? If so, will the next visit involve a review of every current appointment (and if not, why not based on this letter) Anyone here around in the early 70s when the elder arrangement came in - were all existing appointees reevaluated then?

• Comatose
    Comatose

No, they definately will NOT review all current elders and ms. Because they have said for decades they were appointed by holy spirit and the GB! This will just be for new appointments.

Although, the CO has always reviewed the qualifications of brothers serving and not serving yet. Still, this will not be as you asked with re-appointments as that would PROVE there was no holy spirit when they were first appointed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit