Any Suggestions on what to say if elders ask why you stopped going in FS?

by BU2B 69 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

When elders ask why you stopped going in FS, just use Steve Martin's famous line ... "I forgot"

Rub a Dub

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

1) Health issues

2) Bat-shit crazyness [ like being anointed ]

Either one works. Or, if you had meetings with the Eldubs and they were dicks, just say what I said..

2 Elders: Hey DD, we were hoping to meet again.

DD: That back-room secret meeting stuff...NEVER happening again. Later!

Then just make up FS time. 6-8 hours is the magical number. NEVER exceed 8hrs. Never exceed 6 hours if your KH is lacking in "qualified" brothers. If questioned just make up a story about some workmates who are JW friendly! It's your own personal territory! Those people need the truth so bad!!

DD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Any Suggestions on what to say if elders ask why you stopped going in FS?

..................Field Service is Supposed to be Voluntary..

................................I Stopped Volunteering..

..........................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• stillin
    stillin

Pretty much what Outlaw just said. I have told them that when I was active it was because I knew I was doing the right thing and I got joy from it. My service was from the heart. But now I only feel that it is compulsory and I'm not doing it until my heart is moved like that again. I won't be a hypocrite.

• pixel
    pixel

Just make up some time. Write every month about 12 or 14 hours, and that will keep them off your back.

• minimus
    minimus

tell them u suddenly feel ill and mist go

• Thumblina
    Thumblina

Pregnancy. Worked for me!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Within the last 6 months someone suggested acting as if you are incompetent when performing WTBTS duties.

The problem with that is, in my experience, there is no threshold for incompetence at which point they will stop asking you to do things.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

You got some really good suggestions.

Anxiety, depression, stress, exhaustion are classics. Sort of like the plague in JW-land.

-Aude.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

lie. submit 1-2 hrs of "informal witnessing" they really don't care anyway if its CO visit as they just want to have a low number of irregular and inactive pubs to report to middle management.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit