Any Suggestions on what to say if elders ask why you stopped going in FS?

by BU2B 69 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

You could get a Batman mask and wings.

Invite them over to your house and run around their car flapping your wings when they arrive.

After you go inside, flap your wings if they ask questions that are uncomfortable to you.

In the end, you'll find that they will not pressure you to go in field service.

Rub a Dub

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

You are also allowed to count 15 minutes when you are ill and depressed... ANYTHING to keep the numbers on the plus side!

• krejames
    krejames

I just kept "forgetting" to put my report in even if I had been on service. on the odd occasion that I went to the service group I would turn up late and work on my own if poss and leave to "go on calls" (home). The crucial thing is to be seen by the elders on service occasionally. The secretary would text me asking for my time and I would always reply that I would check my diary and get back to him. I never did. He eventually gave up chasing me and by this time I was skipping meetings. Mind I was lucky in that I had family in another congregation and people initially assumed I was visiting them when I wasn't around.

When one of the elders caught up with me to ask why I wasnt at the meetings I said (as someone here suggested) that I was struggling with work and depression and that I needed a break for my mental health. That definitely gave me some breathing space. the bottom line is to get some balls and dismiss any notion that they have any authority over you - they'll soon give up.

• krejames
    krejames

LOL @ rub a dub - I like the batman idea best :)

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

How about "I dont want to" ?

When they press cut them off, with "no thanks" and walk away.

They can not make you do it, there are no sanctions against you for it except the petty stuff if you have a penis like not being allowed to do stuff at the hall (= result!)

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Tell them that you have this new illness that makes you fart alot. You wouldn't want to trouble your brothers and sisters about it, by sitting in the same car wth them. You can't controll the sounds that it makes and it would give a bad witness.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

You need one of those fake Tooter machines in your pocket to make this sould believeable.

• designs
    designs

Tell him you started getting panic attacks.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

just say your relationship with god and spirituality is a very personal thing and right now, you are considering much. Say that you are greatful for their interest but would rather not discuss it with them right now. If you feel the need, you will indeed ssk them for help.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Keep forgetting to turn in time.

Be too busy to get out into service.

Be depressed and unable to get out into service.

Get pissed off at someone in the congregation and change congregations. WHen the new BOE gets your Pub Card with a bunch of zeros on it, they will not expect anything more from you. Pretty soon they will forget you.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit