Any Suggestions on what to say if elders ask why you stopped going in FS?

by BU2B 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Wow I like that. "Because I don't want to." Simple, to the point.

I also like the advice to NEVER let them get you on the defensive. Always keep the upper hand and control the conversation. Elders can't handle that.

Good thread!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, remember that people only have power over us if we allow them to....

Simply being polite but firm should work.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Just say you're feeling tired lately and are having a short break and will be back into it again soon. Then leave it at that. They will soon leave you alone.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"SOON" is a great word to use! It means that you may start going in field service in their lifetime, but you really can't say..

DD

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Simple. Count your time on .jwn! After all, we deeply discuss bible and religious matters with many others.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Expose yourself in the KH parking lot and claim you are anointed.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Expose yourself in the KH parking lot and claim you are anointed.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Seriously, what scriptural principle do they use to make us hand in a report?

some stupid account of how the disciples went out in pairs?

i can't wait to use the account of when David counted the numbers for the census and got punished for doing so...because he got cocky just about numbers.....

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

My husband and I just stopped going. We didn't answer the phone when they called for our hours and when they knock on our door we don't answer. We have told them nothing and we won't at this point. We are not going to give them any power over us and by not corresponding with them they have no idea what we feel.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

During the months I was fading (about 6 years ago), I told an elder who was inquiring about my poor FS record that I just didn't know what to tell people anymore at doors. For 25 years I had showed them, first in the Truth (blue) book an later in the Paradise earth (read) book, that big arrow that spanned the last days from the year 1914 to Armaggedon, and all of a sudden the big arrow had disppeared in the following book (can't remember its title now, I think the cover was yellow) and we were told not to mention this 1914 generation, so I was just unable to find in myself the courage to tell the same people that all I had told them before was wrong. The elder couldn't find a word in reply to my naive observation and he let me alone from then on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit