Supreme Court ruling- refusing to photo gay wedding is discrimination

by SadElder 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Vivianne -

I said, "marriage is a preference"

You said, "being gay is not"

Preference

1. a greater liking for one alternative over another or others.

First choice of synonym: Choice http://thesaurus.com/browse/preference

Maybe before your pompous arrogant self gives english lessons you should understand basic vocabulary. The end.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Just out of curiosity, do you guys think the African-American owned fried chicken place up the street from me should have to serve the KKK if they walk in and want to eat?

Of course not, they weren't born KKK. They have a choice on whether or not to be racist bigots.

Despite the other poster here claiming his friend was straight and liked women but was gay because women were too much trouble (a ridiculous piece of BS if I ever heard one), KKK members have the option to not be KKK.

• Viviane
    Viviane

I said, "marriage is a preference"

You said, "being gay is not"

Preference

1. a greater liking for one alternative over another or others.

First choice of synonym: Choice http://thesaurus.com/browse/preference

Maybe before your pompous arrogant self gives english lessons you should understand basic vocabulary. The end.

Thanks for proving me correct. As usual, you said resort to insults when you can't make a coherent point or sentence. Insults are the refuge of the incompetent.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

LOL. I love you Viviane. Good night

• Viviane
    Viviane

Most men do. Sleep tight.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

When you have a business open to the public, you can not discriminate. No one is suggesting that the photographer has to do anything with gays in her private life. The KKK can burn crosses on their own private property. They cannot burn one on public property or another person's property. I can't believe there is any debate in the year 2014.

• zebagain
    zebagain

So this was taken to the Supreme court? Me thinks there is more to this than obvious.

• DJS
    DJS

Viviane,

Well done young lady. You should work at the zoo, as your ability to control chimps is outstanding. What a lot of bigoted and stupid posters don't quite understand is that their business doesn't exist in a vacuum or shangrrla of their own making. Businesses thrive based on an enormous amount of GOVERNMENT support, seen and unseen. Yes, taxes pay for this, but roads, schools, safety, security, etc. that is provided by this process makes it possible for businesses to carry on business. When you open a business in the free market capatilistic/government regulated environment you enter this partnership; whether you are too stupid to realize it is your own problem. Or I propose a new strategy R2: open your business in the boonies without running water, electricity, government paved roads, schools to supply qualified people, and all of the other services and infrastructure necessary to make businesses thrive. And see how long you make it.

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

The Oxford dictionary says that marriage is

a. The condition of being a husband or wife; the relation between persons married to each other; matrimony.

I don't understand why same-sex couples just don't coin a new term for their union. Why do they have to COPY heterosexual's term?

• Viviane
    Viviane

I don't understand why same-sex couples just don't coin a new term for their union. Why do they have to COPY heterosexual's term?

I don't understand why proponents of 1 man 1 woman marriage had to co-opt a word that, for the majority of human history, meant something besides that. It's almost like words change meaning over time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit