Supreme Court ruling- refusing to photo gay wedding is discrimination

by SadElder 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Thanks, Viviane, for clarifying the story. I should have read the whole story.

• Viviane
    Viviane

No problem! The thread title is misleading. The SCOTUS didn't make a ruling, they simply refused to hear an appeal.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman
    I really can't help it that you've never listened to yourself.

what exactly is that supposed to mean?

Heterosexuals, alcoholics and serial killers are all pre-disposed to being gay? I think you meant something else.

Yes, I meant that even though someone is genetically predisposed to be gay, straight, an alcoholic, serial killer etc. doesn't mean that they don't have a choice in the matter.

Someone isn't telling the truth.

Fuck off. In other words; please refrain from calling my friend a liar.

They would all disagree with you. And, since there is a LOT of science that shows a hormonal and genetic component that happens in the womb to influence whether or not someone is gay (based on the article you linked to), you've no idea what you're on about.

You obviously didn't read the article as it makes my exact point. Genes don't denote a lack of choice.

No, it isn't. If you needed to hear the dumbest thing you've ever heard, read your own sentence out loud.

I did and edited it 5 seconds after posting.

I didn't lump everyone into a pile, of course, so I've no idea what you are going on about.

Actually it's exactly what you did. You claimed being gay is not a choice. For many gay people all it is is a choice regardless of their genetic predisposition. Hopefully that gives you an idea.

• SadElder
    SadElder

This isn't a thread about gay choices, etc. That debate will go on and on ad nauseam depending on the side of the fence chosen.

I'm more interested in the implications for dubs and their stand against working for chuches, etc.

Viviane - Wouldn't the SCOTUS not hearing the case in essence be making a ruling? We're not hearing the case as the lower court didn't err.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I'm a bit torn, I have been to at least one restaurant with my black GF and I felt like they might have given us bad service and cold food to keep us from coming back. Might be better to just say you don’t want us there so nobody wastes their time.

And on the other side of the coin, I was at a gay bar with a few of my friends. I went out for a smoke, meanwhile the door guy showed up and wouldn't let me back in even though my coat was in the coat room. To be fair, that might have had more to do with the way I was dressed rather than being straight.

It does raise the question; Is it ok for for gay people to keep straight people out? And what about women only business? I used to fix fitness equipment and regularly went to a chain of women only gyms. Why is that ok?

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

She can say she hates gays all she wants

Interesting, next time she can take the job but wear a t-shirt with anti-gay messages on it.

• Viviane
    Viviane

what exactly is that supposed to mean?

Exactly what it says.

Yes, I meant that even though someone is genetically predisposed to be gay, straight, an alcoholic, serial killer etc. doesn't mean that they don't have a choice in the matter.

Too bad that's not what you wrote. Glad I was able to help you understand your own writing!

Fuck off. In other words; please refrain from calling my friend a liar.

I didn't call your friend a liar. Perhaps you should try using reading comprehension?

You obviously didn't read the article as it makes my exact point. Genes don't denote a lack of choice.

Of course not, I never said that. For instance, you have a choice to stop continuing to be a foul mouthed, uneducated knucklehead!

Actually it's exactly what you did. You claimed being gay is not a choice.

It's not at all what I did. Again, reading comprehension is clearly not something you should attempt on your own. You might want some help next time, http://www.sylvanlearning.com/

For many gay people all it is is a choice regardless of their genetic predisposition. Hopefully that gives you an idea.

It tells me that you aren't good at critical thinking.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Viviane - Wouldn't the SCOTUS not hearing the case in essence be making a ruling? We're not hearing the case as the lower court didn't err.

Some people are construing it that way, but they don't accept cases for lots of reasons. That could be their reasoning, they didn't say.

I used to fix fitness equipment and regularly went to a chain of women only gyms. Why is that ok?

Because they aren't open to the public, they require membership.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I believe the intermediate appellate court ruling stands. The Court of Appeals.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Just out of curiosity, do you guys think the African-American owned fried chicken place up the street from me should have to serve the KKK if they walk in and want to eat?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit