Supreme Court ruling- refusing to photo gay wedding is discrimination

by SadElder 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DJS
    DJS

Lambsbutt,

I hear a lot from those like you who speak of the gay rights band wagon. Is that the same as the civil rights movement and the blacks pushing their agenda in the '60s, which so many white people despised and resisted? Be proud. And arrogant. It's America. Those die-hard racists from the '60s are just that. Dying. And good riddance to them. The world is changing, and those who hate gays and discriminate against them - or are glad they are being discriminated against - are becoming fewer and fewer. Thankfully. They are 'dead men walking" and won't be around in another generation.

I've never felt a gay agenda being forced on me, isn't that amazing? And even if there is a small vocal and active group 'pushing' gay rights, that isn't any different from all of the other rights' movements, for women, blacks, immigrants, etc.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Vivianne - Marriage is a preference.

• Viviane
  • Viviane
    Viviane

Vivianne - Marriage is a preference.

Being gay is not.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I just don't agree the definition of marriage should be changed.

And who's definition is that? How is that going to change your definition? you see the point?

For example,assuming that you are heterosexual, for you, sex is between man and woman, right? Now, you agree that for homosexuals, their concept is different. How has that changed your own concept? It hasn't.

Should we make sex between homosexuals illegal too out of fear that you concept of sex will be threathened?

You see the point? Making gay marriage legal is not going to change your definition of marriage!! The same way that legal gay sex has not changed your definition of sex.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Being gay is not.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Yes, some people are genetically predisposed to be gay. So are heterosexuals, alcoholics and serial killers. My best friend, whose dick I rather enjoyed sucking in my younger more experimental days, and brother in-law are gay. They both chose to be gay, and are proud of the choice. My best friends partner is actually straight, as in he's sexually attracted to women. He just enjoys the partership of a male, can't stand women, and likes how a man handles him in bed. Everything is a choice, with the exception of physical traits. Oh, both my best friend and brother in law thought this case was bullshit, as they are libertarians. The people I associate with on a regular basis are almost all gay. Only one or two of them claim that they were "born gay". Meaning they knew they were homosexual at a young age. It's almost always lifestyle and friends that influence sexuality in my experience

Don't lump everyone in a pile. That's where we go wrong when it comes to this stuff. We're all individuals.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/homosexuality--choice-born-science_n_2003361.html

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

The blunder that the photographer made was making his reasons public. Had he kept his reasons to himself he would not have found himself in this predicament, and he would not have had to photograph the gay wedding, and not been in violation of the anti-discrimination law. So basically when you're in a business context, you do not have free speech.

• DJS
    DJS

Haters,

You will like yourself a lot more - and the world around you - if you can learn to give up your bigotry, prejudices, biases and hatreds. You really will. And your digestion will likely improve. And you might even make a friend. Giving up my pre-judgments from my days in the Borg is one of the single most treasured aspects of leaving it all behind.

• DJS
    DJS

Tootired,

BS. How does not wanting to serve a black person constitute freedom of speech? Now substitute gay/lesbian for black.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I really can't help it that you've never listened to yourself.

Yes, some people are genetically predisposed to be gay. So are heterosexual, alcoholics and serial killers. My best friend, whose dick I rather enjoyed sucking in my younger more experimental days, and brother in-law are gay.

Heterosexuals, alcoholics and serial killers are all pre-disposed to being gay? I think you meant something else. And I've very happy you had a hobby you enjoyed.

They both chose to be gay, and are proud of the choice. My best friends partner is actually straight, as in he's sexually attracted to women. He just enjoys the partership of a male, can't stand women, and likes how a man handles him in bed.

Someone isn't telling the truth.

Everything is a choice.

No, it isn't. If you needed to hear the dumbest thing you've ever heard, read your own sentence out loud.

The people I associate with on a regular basis are almost all gay. Only one or two of them claim that they were "born gay". Meaning they knew they were homosexual at a young age. It's almost always lifestyle and friends that influence sexuality

OK, good for you and good for them. I know a lot of gay people also. They would all disagree with you. And, since there is a LOT of science that shows a hormonal and genetic component that happens in the womb to influence whether or not someone is gay (based on the article you linked to), you've no idea what you're on about.

Don't lump everyone in a pile. That's where we go wrong when it comes to this stuff. We're all individuals.

I didn't lump everyone into a pile, of course, so I've no idea what you are going on about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit