Supreme Court ruling- refusing to photo gay wedding is discrimination

by SadElder 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I get so tired of hearing this antigovernment bullshite.

This is EXACTLY the role of government.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

BS. How does not wanting to serve a black person constitute freedom of speech? Now substitute gay/lesbian for black.

In that it's his misuse of free speech in a business context that created the problem for him. We all make decisions based upon our own views, and internal thoughts. Apparently we still have that right for now.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

So basically when you're in a business context, you do not have free speech.

What does this have to do with free speech? She can say she hates gays all she wants, that is not the issue.

Free speech and discrimination are two different things. What if this photographer had an employee and this employee admitted he was gay? Should she be able to fire this person because of that?

Businesses are not afforded with the same liberties as private citizens. Businesses have a reponsability towards the public.

• Viviane
    Viviane

In that it's his misuse of free speech in a business context that created the problem for him. We all make decisions based upon our own views, and internal thoughts. Apparently we still have that right for now.

He didn't misuse free speech, he violated equal protection clauses. Free speech is not absolute when it trumps other rights. Why the hyperbole at the end?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am strongly on their side. One does not choose to be gay. You simply are. Gay culture appears to be better read than heterosexuals. There is strong support for the arts. There is no stopping the movement. They will no longer play step'n'fetch it. The equal protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendment guarantees their rights.

Heterosexual men have ruled long enough. Your reign is over. Women, gays, blacks will more than match you.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

OMG...Is this the only photographer in New Texas? Why would you want to force someone to do something that they don't want to do? Haven't you been in a restaraunt, and preferred the nicer waiter over the nasty one.

If I was served by a nasty waiter, I'd be worried that maybe they would spit on my food. Can you trust that the photographer who doesn't want the job, to do a good job?

Move on, and ask Elton John, "Who did you get for your photographer?"

• Viviane
    Viviane

Heterosexual men have ruled long enough. Your reign is over. Women, gays, blacks will more than match you.

Throw "white" in there and you've got bingo!

• Viviane
    Viviane

Why would you want to force someone to do something that they don't want to do?

They didn't force them. If you notice, they got a diferent photographer.

• DJS
    DJS

Vivane,

Thanks for dealing with this dumbass. We have the same discussions each time this topic comes up. Basically homophobes like hate. It is their friend. It makes them feel superior. It levels others to their level. In their minds. And people who hate typically hate. Gays are typically just one of the groups on their hate train. As BunnyTail said: "Ah have an announcement that Ah'm vera vera proud of: Ah am a hate-filled, narrow minded bigoted homophobe. There, ah said it and Ah am proud of it. Yes, I do. I effing hate queers. Ah feel sooo much better now. Thank ya. Thank ya vera much."

Since I told myself weeks ago I would no longer attempt to have a rational discussion with chimps, you, Cofty and Snare are on your own.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Since I told myself weeks ago I would no longer attempt to have a rational discussion with chimps, you, Cofty and Snare are on your own.

Not a problem, I can hold my own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit