Have You Been Invited To The Memorial?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I have't but I wasn't expecting an invite anyway.

A friend of mine who is disfellowshipped is desperately upset she hasn't been invited. Her next door neighbour, never a jw and never will be has received 2. She is planning on going although she has no desire to be re-instated nor does she believe she has to be to survive armageddon. I wish she would do research but she won't because she is still so trapped mentally by it all :(

• sd-7
    sd-7

Surprisingly, no. Although that unfortunate argument last time I was invited by the Mrs. might be a good reason why there's been no invite this year.

Amended: Yes, my wife just invited me on Wednesday. Well, technically, she just asked if I was going to go. Strangely enough, my son started vomiting endlessly at that same moment. (He seems to be okay now, though, thankfully. He also managed to get out of going to the meeting--so it really worked out well, in its own way.) I'm hoping that was just coincidence, but he was doing what I was thinking, is all I can say. I told my wife I wasn't planning to go, and she said she wanted me to be there.

At this point, it hasn't been brought up again. Part of me actually was considering going, but at this point, I couldn't go as a Christian, because I'm not one. If I were to go, it'd have to be for that reason and I'd partake just to show that Christians should partake. But since the ceremony no longer holds even the Biblical meaning for me, it would be preposterous to attend and would not help my efforts to at least not want to strangle all things WT-related.

Also, as I was sitting in my car, two JWs came up and offered me an invite, but I simply said 'no thanks' and left it at that. So I've gotten a double helping of invites.

--sd-7

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Sd-7 - happy your son is feeling better! Although that could be a handy trick to get out of meetings in the future as well.

We got an invite from 2 witnesses I'd never seen before (yay!) It was an awkward pulls into the driveway and they were coming down the sidewalk moment. I need a garage!

And a sweet elderly brother left an invite saying he misses our family. (I miss him too, but not enough to attend the memorial, lol).

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

Just got a visit from my old pioneer friend who I thought I was encouraging because she didn't have anyone to go on stupid calls with, I mean really stupid calls. This was what I said about her in the thread about Nursing Homes:

There's a nursing home in this area. Pioneers took turns assigning it to themselves. They actually conducted a "group study" in the front room. Only 1 - 3 ever attended. It was a joke to say the least. I used to go with one pioneer sister occasionally, she also had "return visits" there so sometimes we would kill time doing that.

This is off the point but the reason I went on these calls/studies with her was because no one else wanted to and she was discouraged for awhile. My PO elder husband suggested I reach out to her. So all this time I thought I was supporting her but I later figured out she thought she was encouraging me to get out in service more and pioneer...(remember the reach out effort for pioneers?). When I figured this out after leaving the whole fiasco I thought it was so funny.

SO this same pioneer sister just came to my door with another sister acting all excited to see me and tell me she wanted to give me my personal invitiaton. I declined and firmly said "that's okay I won't be going". She said "Oh well okay", probably too afraid to ask why. She tells me she misses me and introduces me to Brenda. I told my old friend she still looks beautiful and going on 27 (which is what I always told her). They excused themselves, we wished each other well and that was it.

Now back to cleaning out my side of the garage.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Nope.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

NO, the don't give a shit about me anymore...after 10 years of being kicked out for apostasy, no one really cares now!

• NotNew
    NotNew

We had one stuffed in our door today. My wife said it was fitting since she was sitting on the pot when they came. So she flushed the toilet but the invite was still there!

SW

• Heaven
    Heaven

No invite yet.

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

Heard the doorbell ring this morning. JW hubby answered ~

I asked, "did you get an invitation?" They were working our neighborhood.

Phae

• Purza
    Purza

Its been years since I've been invited. Today that changed when I was invited through Instgram (guess it is fairly easy to take a photo of the invitation). I politely declined.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit