Have You Been Invited To The Memorial?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Violia
    Violia

Got an invite from the local Baptist church. They were very nice. I am giving it some thought.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

No I'm an evil apostate, they don't call here

• minimus
    minimus

Not being invited again is just fine with me. A new poster said they have their own Memorial. If you don't believe you are going to heaven, why go??

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m at present house-sitting interstate and was invited the other day , declined the invitation and kept the two witnesses at the door for a good hour preventing them from going to other houses.

smiddy

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

So, when I left I saw the two of them walking around, slowly. It was hot out (over 80 degrees). I realized it seemed odd they were still out, together, at 6:30 p.m. They are each in their late 50's or early 60's, each married to other people. Surprised they didn't have a chaperone or car group. Amazing what can pass when you need to get time in, lol.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So far, they haven't wasted the time and paper on me. I don't have any inclination to waste my time and energy going to this event this, or any, year. Not only do I believe Jesus was fake, but even if Jesus was real they are still doing it wrong. They reject Jesus in the sense that no one partakes, and they reject Astaroth (who this season is SUPPOSED to honor) when they refuse to put out any of the pretty colors of spring and symbols of fertility (such as the eggs, chicks, and rabbits). Thus, they are damned either way.

I observe this by putting decorations in the hall that have these fun colors. The eggs, chicks, and rabbits are displayed. I also have items in Easter spring colors, which is what you are supposed to do. I do not do the Jesus thing--no crosses, no passing bread and wine, no going to church. This is, however, a matter of personal belief. Either way, the jokehovians pretend to be doing something and misrepresent themselves as praising Jesus. This pretense is worse than the actual act--either you believe in Jesus and the ransom (in which case you probably wish to partake), or you don't (in which case you probably wish to do the eggs, chicks, and rabbits and display pretty spring colors to honor Astaroth). Or, you are atheist and wish to simply enjoy the passing of winter and the coming of pretty spring colors, similar to when you put out Christmas lights simply because you enjoy them.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Or you could belong to the United Church and do easter eggs

and partake of the bread and wine or grape juice and celebrate

everything all together happily , wishing the peace of God to your

neighbor and not worrying about the details.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I was not invited either. I have not been invited to the memorial in the nearly 9 years since I last attended a meeting.

My jw brother never invites me, nobody from the congregation does and the sister who used to bring me the magazines does not either.

In fact, that sister has not been by since January and did not bring me the yb or wt library like she used to. Perhaps her eyes have opened and she no longer goes out in FS?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

This year i was invited. I met a brother i knew when i was young and i was invited to the memorial. For many years i haven't been. I also found an invitation at a relatives house that had been left.

It is the one meeting I would not attend, it goes against my conscience. I thanked the brother for inviting me but I didn't explain my reasons why, maybe at a later time I will as he told me he may visit me which I hope he does. (i'm interested to see how calm or not calm I am)

From the point of view of the witnesses there seems little point in my attendence unless I'm going to make some sort of come back which I see no reason to do.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Nothing yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit