Have You Been Invited To The Memorial?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

One of my best friend's, who is an ex elder had two elders visit him at his home yesterday to invite him to the Memorial. He was cordial to them because they were'nt over the top.

so far, I have had no invites, thank God.

• Stealth
    Stealth

I got an invite last year after 12 years of nothing. I was expecting the same elder to return this year. What is the date they will be doing it this year?

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

we havent. Im thinking due to the fact that we never had our publisher record cards switched when we moved all those years ago and we were never active (publishers or in the school) and havent been to a meeting since last Memorial, maybe they are just letting us slip between cracks?? I was kind of looking forward to telling them we werent coming too...

• Scully
    Scully

I haven't been invited in over a decade, not even by my JW relatives. I find that odd, because you'd think if they were so convinced that they had The Truthâ„¢, they'd be bending over backward to make sure I at least knew the date. On the other hand, maybe they just think I'm a lost cause. Either way, by not inviting me, aren't they Bloodguiltyâ„¢ because they didn't even try?

• designs
    designs

Saw an Invite laying in the yard, guess they were in the neighborhood.

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

yes, I was in the line at Starbucks. The cobe walked up to me and chalked me off the list.

• Domi
    Domi

I do the Memorial at home each year. I drink the wine, and eat the bread as Jesus commanded all to do. It is not just for a few, it is for all who believe in him. Not taking of the wine, and bread, is a rejection of Jesus.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Surprisingly, no. Although that unfortunate argument last time I was invited by the Mrs. might be a good reason why there's been no invite this year.

--sd-7

• happy@last
    happy@last

No, my best friend was so we defaced it and posted it through the KH door

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Funny you asked that...as I was running outside yesterday, jamming to Motley Crue on the headphones, oblivious to the pavement underneath me, all of a sudden I find myself sliding forward, heading for a nasty fall. I caught myself, luckily, and looked down to see what caused me to slip...there it was. A crumpled up memorial invite, Jesus' hand extended. I took it with me and threw it away...didn't wany anyone else to be tripped up by it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit