Have You Been Invited To The Memorial?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth
    Stealth

Stirred, Thank you and Welcome to the forum!

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I usually get a little note, and/or a tract in my mailbox every year. Nothing this year yet.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I am not invited... My wife does not even invite me... She probs wait for a better hubby in paradise :(

She'll wait in want I'm afraid. No marriage in paradise last I heard.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Everyone in my street has been invited except me.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

One was delivered by devious means to our house, I can't say how, too revealing.

But it amazes me that after these years that have passed since I last stepped in to a K.H, they just don't get it, I know TTATT, and would never have anything to do with the WT ever again.

I have explained that to a number of people from my old Congo. but still they try, 9 out of 10 for effort I suppose.

I don't quite know how to rate the monumental waste of time, or the stupidity involved.

• JeffJ
    JeffJ

My sister sent me an invite. She said this MAY be the last memorial ever! I can't believe that garbage still works on them.

• NotNew
    NotNew
    About Jehovah's Witnesses' Meetings

www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/meetings/ Memorial of the Death of Jesus. Once each year in thousands ... (Luke 22:19) The next observance will be on Monday, April 14, 2014. We invite you to join us for ...

Oh no does that mean we are all invited now!

Not yet!

SW

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Just ran into them at my door as I was coming home with my teen and hands full of groceries. I remember them from a hall I attended over 10 years ago. They didn't seem to recognize us and when the "free invitation" was offered, I simply said I was all set and thank you with a huge smile.

The sister actually has a son at Bethel. He was always a nice kid, maybe he woke up and is reading this :)

I have comments ready for a jw I don't know that may knock on my door, but not only do I have plans to go out tonight, I have no plan to debate with elderly witnesses that have been born and raised in south Florida that would recognize me.

• nugget
    nugget

Husband is classed as a dangerous apostate so witnesses never visit and never invite us to the memorial. I love my weekend lie ins not being woken by witnesses is a joy.

• jam
    jam

Oh crap, this may be the last memorial ever!!! I guess I need to

break out my KH outfit. I wonder if dry cleaners today still clean

polyester suits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit