Is this new donation arrangement for real?

by nugget 324 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL @ Outlaw!! It's hard to get good help! Poor Emeth didn't go to Spy School. It was a four year course and was considered higher education.

DD

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Juan,

It is true, at least in the USA, that some taxpayers will actually increase their contributions by a substantial amount on the advice of their accountant or tax advisor. A difference in net income could move them down to a lower tax bracket or allow them to take additional deductions in another category (medical expenses, for example). If the brother owns his own business, especially as a sole proprietor or LLC, and makes the contribution from a business account rather than a personal account - the benefits might actually put him in a far better tax bracket.

The WT is behind on this one too. The charitable donation is on the chopping block. It may not be around much longer in the form it is now, if at all.

http://philanthropy.com/article/Charitable-Deduction-Probably/144065/

• jw07
    jw07

@Emeth - Do you count your time on this forum as field service?

• kaik
    kaik

I heard the same issue from my parents in Czech Republic. They were asked to increase donations, etc, while the number of JW is the same past 20 years and WT used to own properties around Prague. Bethel in Prague was closed couple years ago.

• Scully
    Scully

If they want to get more donations, they're going to have to cave and start letting JWs become sufficiently educated and accumulate their own wealth and financial security.

For decades, they've strongly discouraged higher education and material prosperity as being Snares of Satan the Devil™. Is it really any surprise that the average JW living according to the WTS's demands for a Simple Life™ don't have the kind of disposable income available to them to support the WTS in the manner in which it has become accustomed? And after following The Slave's™ direction for decades, and having nothing to show for their stupidity Obedience™, is it any wonder that JWs are becoming less willing to share their hard earned money with the-monster-that-must-constantly-be-fed, and instead maybe take a real vacation once in a while and maybe spring for a new vehicle instead of buying a pre-owned one? Or maybe help finance their kids' education so they don't get stuck in the same financial rut with a dead-end job, no pension, and nothing to show for all their hard work?

I agree with metatron - I hope this scheme backfires on them BIG TIME. I hope most JWs tell the WTS to eff-off spectacularly, even if they never leave the JWs, by closing their wallets and check books permanently.

CT Russell always said that the day the money stopped coming in would be the day the WTS would close its doors. That day is looming and I hope it comes soon!

• kaik
    kaik

Scully, I believe there are several issues with cashflow for WT and the people at the apex of the organization. The wealthy states like USA, Germany, and Japan see stagnant membership, even declining one. Overall the witnesses had grayed out as the western world is aging. However, many JW over 60 do not have whatsoever money, property, savings, and retirement as they did not expect to age and die. This demographic cannot support lavish lifestyle of DO and others who in Czech Republic ride Audis, BMW, and Mercedes. Younger people are less interested joining obscure cult and many children and grandchildren of JW had not joined the faith of their ancestor. WT can bet on growth in 3rd world countries, but there is not sufficient money flow to support expensive lifestyle in USA, Germany, Switzerland or UK.

I heard from my relatives that there were cases when JW willed their estate to the WT. I am not sure how much is this truthfull, but I hear from my siblings, parents and others that the demand for money is turning into extortion.

• emeth
    emeth

@jw07 of course not i dont count time on any site or forum. I only count time i am spending in field service and with the two biblestudies i conduct with two people.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hi EMETH - You can try and justify the Org's money-making scams all you like, but your deafening silence and refusal to answer the Bible I put to you is indefensible, and identical to the reaction of my own Elders, a close friend and his wife, AND Patterson, who all resolutely refuse to use the Bible to answer their false teachings.

You are obeying MEN, rather than GOD- the Watchtower is superior to the Bible in the Witness minds.

Accept the real truth of your convictions, and think about what you are trying to teach your gullible Bible studies!

• emeth
    emeth

@searcher i dont participate in doctrinal discussions, i dont come here to talk or read about the organization or our teachings and beliefs.

Most of the times i post its about building kingdom halls and other facilities, or funding, or our website or certain facts and statistics.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

technically emeth they aren't your teachings because you didn't come up with them, you just recite them to whoever happens to answer the door

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit