Jesus had to die? Really?

by punkofnice 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kassad84
    kassad84

Is the mindset of building a life around eventual martyrdom healthy or sane?? NO.

Yes!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "The state of being perfect and wanting to be 'like GOD' is EXACTLY what Adam and Eve were punished for! It's the 'evil' ambition that 'SATAN' is claimed to have planted in the minds of humans."

The older I got, the more obsessive the WT's preoccupation with "attaining perfection in the New System" seemed to me.

Eventually, I realized that the ones who actively wanted to attain that "perfection" must have serious unaddressed problems regarding their own sense of self-worth.

Since then, I've simply come to the conclusion that a) there's no such thing, and b) even if there was, it would be highly overrated.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i think so

• sd-7
    sd-7

Hi. My name is Daaaave, from Bible Ministries, and I just want you guys to know that Jesus cares for you. He loves us all, and he's going to make it all up to you, okay? I'm detecting a lot of anger here, and I'm just...I'm here to calm this thread down. Remember, Jesus loves, and JESUS SAVES!

--/sarc, sd-7

• Heaven
    Heaven

sd-7 said: Remember, Jesus loves, and JESUS SAVES!

Not according to Matthew 10:35: I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. - NLV

• jam
    jam

Yes, but if your family are all JW's then Matt. 10:35 doesn't apply

to you. That's the trick..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit