Jesus had to die? Really?

by punkofnice 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kassad84
    kassad84

I'd say God should be 'big' enough to forgive Adam and Eve

God did gave Adam and Eve the chance to admit their mistake, and should they have done so there was little doubt that the problem ended there and then (Gen 3:11,13) and all will be forgiven. Instead Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the Old Serpent.

he'd have to remove the tree of life or they'd become Gods and could then deal with him on more equal footing

our short lives give a grim picture of what will happen if God allowed us to be immortals in our fallen state. we would've invented nuclear weapons a lot sooner, and would've wiped out ourselves from the face of the planet, and if not we'll experience endless senseless suffering from each other. of course, we may delude ourselves that in all that expanse of time we will start gaining wisdom on how to live apart from the one that is the source of Wisdom. The bottom line is that we dont really know what we are doing. At least I can speak for myself.

God could easily start over with a much better design.

"So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it."

And because of freewill, its only a matter of time before some of those newly made creatures rebel against him, and will he start over again?

• Heaven
    Heaven

kassad, did God accomplish what he desired?

• kassad84
    kassad84

Yes. The Word of God became man and is now risen - the first fruit of the coming age, his disciples have fought and gained victory over this world through Him, and countless others are being trained and purified through that same suffering Christ suffered, to be priests and kings to reign with Him in His Kingdom.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Christians are about 1/3 of the worlds population. Not much of a victory...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

@Kassad84,

I have. That's why I am living my life and not worrying about trying to defend or justify ancient books that contradict themselves. Thanks anyway.

DD

• Heaven
    Heaven

Yes. The Word of God became man and is now risen - the first fruit of the coming age, his disciples have fought and gained victory over this world through Him, and countless others are being trained and purified through that same suffering Christ suffered, to be priests and kings to reign with Him in His Kingdom.

So from this, you are saying that Adam and Eve had to sin in order for Jesus to come, be sacrificed, and then resurrected. In other words, God designed this from day one. This seems just a tad insane to me.

And about training others, currently, less than half the world's population are Chrisitian. Said another way, MOST of the world is NOT Christian.

• kassad84
    kassad84

God will accomplish His Will one way or the other. Whether or not humans mess up will not hinder His plans.

every knee will bow to him, and every tongue will praise God

• Terry
    Terry

If we don't educate ourselves with Literature, Poetry, Philosophy, History and Science our vocabulary of wisdom is tiny.

Without education our entire structure for thinking has been shaped by family, friends and whatever tastes we develop.

The under-educated are exposed to narrow minds and highly susceptible to prejudices, folk wisdom, bias, regional jingoism and parochial turf battles.

And then RELIGION comes along . . .

How is a poorly informed, under-educated person with only exposure to malnourished ideas supposed to do battle with

the extremely influential power base of Christianity?

We either FIT in or we are edged out.

If the only thing we've heard as TRUE our entire life is sacrificial death is the solution to human problems---how can we objectively

see it as primitive nonsense?

There IS no way! It is normal. It is accepted and acceptable.

BLOOD and DEATH infect and infest Christian religion.

It is made to seem beautiful. It made to seem merciful.

I pity us as a species, I do.

Even salvation for mankind is a "like it or lump it" decision followed by shedding humanity for heaven or

a bloodfeast at Armageddon.

Really? That's the best we can do?

The so-called "celebration" of drinking blood and eating human flesh at the MEMORIAL is made out to be the highpoint of the Christian calendar.

Oh please! Lead me to the nearest vomitorium!

• Viviane
    Viviane

God will accomplish His Will one way or the other.

Christians keep saying that and it keeps not happening...

• Heaven
    Heaven

every knee will bow to him, and every tongue will praise God

In over 200,000 years this has never happened. Going with these odds, it never will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit