by punkofnice 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

Paul called the saints first fruits.

Paul isn't Jesus.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

This is a nice explanation:

In Orthodox Christianity, the goal of man, is not just to be ransomed and saved by Christ's sacrificial death, it is to be more than that. The goal is theosis - the state of being in perfect unity and likeness with God - whether or not we end up in Paradise or Heaven, it doesn't matter; these are only places. Transforming the inner man is the main thing. Didn't Christ say He is the way, the truth, and the life? By endeavouring to follow the way He lived and died and through the help of the Holy Spirit, willing to undergo the necessary suffering such change will ensue , we will slowly die to ourselves and be transformed into the Image that God has always meant for us.

As opposed to being helpless because of inherited sin, we are called actively to take part in our own salvation hand in hand with God.

"work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you.."

BUT....

The state of being perfect and wanting to be "like GOD" is EXACTLY what Adam and Eve were punished for! It's the "evil" ambition that "SATAN" is claimed to have planted in the minds of humans. I agree, transformation and improvement is a worthwhile goal. The problem is that Organized Christianity is a hinderance to that very goal. Instead of tackling life and LEARNING and taking responsibility for one's spirituality, those tasks are outsourced to "anointed" or "chosen ones." The truth is that these "chosen ones" don't have a clue. That's because their thinking does not extend beyond the parameter of " Jesus Saves."

Jesus was a person who stood up to the organized religious and political powers of his day. They killed him for it. Now his teachings are used as justification for slavery to religious authority. It's all been twisted and manipulated over the centuries. We can't even be sure what he said. We are at the mercy of the Clergy that existed centuries ago. What is their track record when it comes to allowing religious freedom? They want YOU dependent upon THEM. THEY don't want any more Jesus' types running around. Neither did the Council of Nicea.

We are not helpless, I agree, but WHY should we work out our salvation with FEAR and TREMBLING??!? If the all-knowing and all-loving Creator is truly working through you, then you should be the happiest and most care-free person on Earth!! Could we suffer for doing the right thing, perhaps when standing up against corrupt authorities? Sure. Could we lose our lives? Yes. Is the mindset of building a life around eventual martyrdom healthy or sane?? NO. That's giving up on life before you even tried to live it. Think of all the children being programmed for failure, before the even taste success.

FACT: Countless non-Christians have led beautiful and fulfilling lives helping others and doing good. Some were killed for standing up for what's right, it happens. People on Earth, right now, who never touched a Bible are responsible for some of the greatest humanitarian works, or technological, medical, and scientific breakthroughs. These TANGIBLE works, done without fear and trembling, without outsourcing the psyche, are helping in real ways, ways that the self-righteous victim/martyr mentalities of those who hide under the covers from "Satan" never will. A loving GOD would certainly approve.

DD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Romans 2:14 For when people of the nations, who do not have law, do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves.

There. From the NWT(C) itself!

• Heaven
    Heaven

DD said: If the all-knowing and all-loving Creator is truly working through you, then you should be the happiest and most care-free person on Earth!!

I asked 2 JW women at my door almost 8 years ago now the following question: "Why, if my Mom had such a wonderful hope in Jehovah, was she so miserable?"

They couldn't answer the question. They just stood there in stunned silence/deer-in-the-headlights look . They've never returned.

I have also wondered what good the ransom was that Christ supposedly paid. We all still suffer. If he truly died for all of mankind's sins, why are we still suffering? To me, the ransom is meaningless.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I await divine favor......so far my lifes been crap _____Punkie

That's what happened to Rosa Parks

When Jah's chariot didn't arrive, she kept havin'

to ride the city bus. And you know how that went down

As for me, I'm glad folks decided against

" Waitin' "

Otheriwse , I'd be up sh*t creek

• wasblind
    wasblind

Jehovah' Witnesses

Always try to discourage folks by qoutin'

" It ain't for man to direct his own steps "

" You don't always have to know exactly where your headed

as long as it's better than where you been "

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

wassy - Rosa Parks. Had to google her as American history isn't a strong point of mine being a Brit. Especially since my perception of the U.S.A. is that there has been more racial problems compared with the U.K. Of course that may be a skewed veiwpoint but there you go...just saying.

Life is still heavy.

• wasblind
    wasblind

No problem Punkie

You and I both know that to " Wait " ain't always the best thing to do

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Wassy - I used to wait on Jehovah(TM)...........waste of bleedin' time!

• Heaven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit