Eccentric Jehovah's Witnesses

by snowbird 58 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

You wouldn't consider this eccentric behavior but odd. The

brother was a pioneer.. He would uncontrollably laugh at

any given time. So you would see him in the street work just

laughing up a storm. The door too door work was a problem,

he would be snickering while you are giving a presentation.

But I admired the brother, it wasn't easy for him to go out in

the ministry. He put in more hours then anyone in the congregation.

• voodoo lady
    voodoo lady

There was one particularly entertaining brother who seemed to straddle the camps of over-zealousness, kind-heartedness and absolute madness all at once.

His idea of a good time was inviting people to dinner and making prank calls at the dinner table while his guests were eating. My mother told me that he once rang store after store asking for "Cloud Juice" (water). He would wait on the line while the shopkeepers looked for it and inevitably report that they didn't have any, then he'd just thank them for checking and hang up. I'm surprised he didn't work a "witness" into it, though he probably knew it would "bring reproach" as it was a prank call after all. An incredibly anti-climactic prank call.

He was perpetually single so I guess he had to get some excitement in his life.

• Gregor
    Gregor

There was the sister who always ate a hardboiled egg with two saltine crackers during the meeting. This was explained as a blood sugar imbalance. She brought the egg, in the shell, in a paper bag with the crackers and a tiny salt shaker.

Between her and the old Greek brother who munched raw garlic constantly, it was quite aromatic.

• kaik
    kaik

I did not had eccentric JW in my KH. Weird for sure, but not many crazies. Some of them were nice, busy with life and undogmatic, while other were extremely totalitarian. I think we were too eccentric for others, because we had always too many pets. My sibling used to bring every wild life into the house from field mices to frogs, snakes, turtle, crows, cats, and they always escaped. I think we were behind chipmunk overpopulation in the street as they got out and continued to procreate in the backyard until wildlife refuge services was called in. I know many JW were unfomfortable in our house due all these wild animals.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

A sister had a bowl of water on the floor at each of the four cardinal compass points in her house to apparently channel the earth's electromagnetic field to give her energy.

An old Ukrainian sister would suck lollies at the meeting, but would never have a whole one but suck it for a bit and then put it back into the jar for next time. Worst thing was, she'd offer them to other people.

A Filipina sister would always find some edible plant to graze on in householders' gardens, every time she went out witnessing.

I myself ran screaming from a few doors if I saw a wasp or wasps nearby because of my extreme fear of them. That was not an eccentricity as much as a psychological problem rooted in the fact that wasp stings are lethal to me and the territory had zillions of them. Anyone who hadn't been witnessing with me before or didn't know me was in for a shock if a wasp rushed me at the door.

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

the 20 something "anointed" pioneer with tats all over his arms. Or the guy who would make food in the microwave during the meeting. quite a few others who are very, very weird but who are also really nice so I feel bad "making fun" of them. :S

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Well the jw religion does attract a lot of marginal people. Most of them are very nice but a little whacky.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The german sisterĀ® that said: 'In ze var ve vere Naziiiiiiis!'

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL at all the examples!

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit