Eccentric Jehovah's Witnesses

by snowbird 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Kitledge
    Kitledge

When I was young & residing in NY City, we attended the Tuesday night book study at an older couple's apartment in the neighborhood. Evidently, the sister had an on-going problem with flatulence. She would sit in an arm chair next to a small end table on which was a can of air freshener which she used liberally, spraying in every direction every 10-15 minutes while the study was being conducted. I don't recall that the meeting was held there very long....

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

There was an old eccentric brother who always thought he had a call but if you went with him it was not the right place. He would say do you want to live or do you want to die and then he proceeded to give detailed instructions to the kingdom hall the householder usually felt sorry for him and attempted to listen to his ramblings. One time I went on one of his mysterious calls we opened the gate and there was a screen door and soon one dog, two dogs three dogs barking and jumping on the door. I used my body to hold it closed and told him to get through the gate he slowly with his cane finally got out and I ran and shut the gate just in time. it was always an adventure with him.

• snowbird
    snowbird

We dealt with some peculiar people, didn't we?

Still laughing ...

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome, Kitledge!

Thanks for sharing with us.

Sylvia

• BU2B
    BU2B

I know of a few like this.. Old michelin man coats with sports team on them with an old lint ball skull cap in service, hair with dandruff popping off of it covering their shoulders..too thin short sleeved dress shirts with a wife-beater shirt on underneath,, tacky. I once worked with one brother in FS who would go out of his way to kill insects that he saw. If he saw a wasp he would take his bag and smack it out of the air and when it hit the ground crunching it with his boot. The worst was when a group of JWs that looked like homeless bums would gather on the street corner when JWs on either side of the block met up.. you could see the neighbors watching. So embarassing. One brother would fart while carrying the mikes and fan the fart

• snowbird
    snowbird

I know of one uber righteous brother who would not allow the sisters to sit in the front of his car with him.

We had to squeeze into the back, no matter how many.

Crazy people, crazy times!

Sylvia

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I remember that, I think there was some kind of mention of that in the Ministry School are something about sisters riding in the car with brothers, because of a friend of my mothers, if she was in the car with my father and he was dropping off other folks and she was the last one because she lived close to us, if for some reason she started out in the front seat, when the car got emptier she would get in the back seat. . . just think, all those idiotic rules is what folks still believe will let them live forever without dying!

• snowbird
    snowbird

So true, Shirley.

Instead of just the two (love God, love neighbor), there were rules on top of rules.

How did we keep up with all of hem?

Sylvia

• jam
    jam

I have mention this before here, but the ederly sister that

would verbally agree out loud with the speaker. Yes that's

right brother that's what the scripture says or my favorite,

you tell them Brother JAM.

• jam
    jam

What's the difference between one being eccentric and

someone who is just plane weird. I knew some weird JW's..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit