Eccentric Jehovah's Witnesses

by snowbird 58 Replies latest jw friends

• jemba
    jemba

The deaf, mute brother that will only work with the brother who doesnt speak a word of understandable english....They are both regular pioneers. Its plain embarrasing to watch them go door to door and confuse people. lol

• jemba
    jemba

Or the Bro who insists on opening the screen door and stepping over the threshold to call out "anyone there"? Only to completely ignore their negative, often furious body language while he insists on giving a sermon and not letting them get a word in.

So many disrespectful jWs still out there.

• jemba
    jemba

Then theres the stupid sister who insists on arguing and arguing that JWs are NOT a religion! OMG no one wanted to work wih her.

• rrb2016
    rrb2016

We had a lot of weird people. I remember an old "annointed" couple. They had lived in Hawaii for a few years, and were obssessed with all things Hawaiian. She was really heavy, wore moo-moos and always wore a turban, LOL. She rarely made it to meetings, she suffered from whatever "phantom" illnesses that many Witnessess have. Her Husband, a sweet old Brother, was our book study conductor for a while. The poor guy was so old and worked so hard, that one day he fell asleep at a stop light on the way to book study - and got rear-ended. I used to cut their grass when I was a kid and thought I was so special to cut the grass of the annointed.

When they died I was still a kid - and was always thinking that George and Grace were up in heaven watching me...LOL

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

an very good friend told me a story about he had to "house sit" for a pioneer couple for a couple of weeks, (this was before he came to our cong) and as he was sitting watching some tv one night he began to smell something , he had a walk around the flat and the smell was coming from the bedroom , he could'nt see anything so took a look under the bed , where he found a load of opened containers full of pee!

• rrb2016
    rrb2016

My Mom also had a friend who claimed that demons would bounce up and down at the end of her bed at night. This poor, single sister had a mentally retarded son who was about my age. Many times we would be at the meeting at the hall and he would jump up, throw his fist in the air and yell "Godammit." That broke up the boredom of the meeting somehow.

We also had an old English Sister who was very stubborn - was nearly 80 and was still cutting her grass with an old manual lawn mower. That was until she cut her toe off one day. She became my next lawn-mowing customer, along with my "annointed" Moo-moo wearing Sister...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I worked with a crazy brother(R) once who was presenting the littertrash and said to one person:

'Do you know why there are so many Jehovah's witnesses in Japan?......'

Then he thumped his fist in his hand and shouted:

'..BECAUSE WE DROPPED THE BOMB ON THEM.....THAT'S WHY!!!!'

I never worked with him again.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

donny - "He said it takes work but he enjoys it and it was 'free' money."

How can something that takes work be free?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

My friend's mom got a Time magazine in the mail and started freaking out because there was a satanic symbol on the cover(the cover story was about Satanic cults). She immediately threw the magazine in the trash. Apparently she had no concept of what Time magazine was.

This same woman made a scene in the post office because the stamps she purchased out of the machine were of the American flag. She demanded that the clerk exchange them for something else.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

An old brother who came in the 'truth' in his 70's...

Used to take a salami sausage with him in his bag to throw bits to dogs that might be behind gates...then he could slip in to the door while the dogs were busy eating!

I kid you not!!

And he used to take a drumstick with him to the door to knock on it with! yes seriously!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit