Eccentric Jehovah's Witnesses

by snowbird 58 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

So as not to hijack LogCon's thread about crazy things JW's have said to householders, I'd like to start one about just plain old odd JW's.

For example, I knew this dear, dear senior brother who would carry a small bag of peanuts in one pocket of his suit coat and a small plastic bag of brown sugar in the other.

During that time, we would stay out all day long because the territory was extensive.

Can't you just picture that precious soul alternately tossing a few peanuts/crumbs of sugar into his mouth as he schlepped from house to trailer, from trailer to house?

The householders would usually offer us water, lemonade, Kool-aid, or soda pops, so no problem with finding something to quench our thirsts.

Those were the days!

Sylvia

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I had a CO that found $3.00 in an old pack of cigarettes on the ground. From then on he would stop to inspect any he saw to see if they had any money in them. It was cute at the time but looking back it is a little sad.

• designs
    designs

Odd eating disorders among JWs- There was a sister in my old KH who would sit with a bag of candy and munch one after another all through the meetings or assemblies, real sugar junky. A brother who was a 'Energy Healer' would munch on seeds constantly through out the day, aka the Birdman. There seemed to be quite a few Witnesses who had eating disorders to the point they would hide food in cars etc.. Maybe the stresses of JW life brings out the complusive behaviour in people.

• minimus
    minimus

We had an old pioneer that would pee in a not at home's lawn. Lol

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Rich people are "eccentric".

JWs are usually poor, so the behavior you're describing is just plain weird.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL @ all the replies.

Sylvia

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

A sister showed up at the meeting for service, as we were waiting she handed me an eyebrow pencil and asked me to pencil on her eyebrows for her, she didn't have time at home. It creeped me out.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

LisaRose,

I've asked similar favors. Not with makeup but with back buttons or jewelry. What happened to the mirror in the KH bathroom?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Over the years I worked with a number of old eccentric men who had the zeal for the preaching activity but presented themselves as unstable homeless people. My father exhibited these traits towards the end of his life. Had I hung around, I would be able to look forward to be classified in this same group.

Perhaps I missed my calling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit