Eccentric Jehovah's Witnesses

by snowbird 58 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

Eccentric seems like a much kinder word than plain old weird.

However, someone pointed out that eccentric is reserved for rich folk, so, weird is fine by me.

Sylvia

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

There was an 'annointed' brother in our congregation, Charlie Haglund, who carried dead cats around in paper bags. He walked everywhere, even out in service in the most bitter Minnesota weather. He was well known in town as the crazy JW cat killer.

• snowbird
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

The poor old sister® that when unwell used to say: 'I'm a little queer.'

Oh how I chortled.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Punk, please be nice!

You're making me holler!

Sylvia

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sylvia,

Or the brother® that was saying that if a gay man had propositioned him when he was in the Navy, he would have hit him.

What he actually said was '......I would have given him a good fisting!'

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

....or the poor deluded bloke who claimed to be of the remnant® that used to boast: 'I'm going to see Jehovah® face to face.

• snowbird
    snowbird

*SMH*

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh, something I just remembered.

The dear brother mentioned in my op would tell anyone who listened that he was born the same year that the American Standard Version bible was released: 1901.

That really meant a lot to him because ASV translated the tetragrammaton "JEHOVAH."

Sylvia

• donny
    donny

I left an important detail regarding the same guy I mentioned earlier in the thread. His "apartment" was actually in a warehouse. He worked for this person who managed a small tool distribution center. His warehouse was located in an area where the rent was low but also a higher crime area. He let this brother (I'll call him Steve) to live there rent free because it allowed him to have 24 hour security.

Steve had a small office that had a desk, a phone and a dumb terminal hooked up to the companies inventory system. On the walls of this office were 6 or 7 calendars that had writing all over them. They had notes like "94.5, 7a.m. and every 2 hours till 5 p.m" and "10th caller when (insert song or artist) is played".

I asked Steve why he had so many calendars and he said "This is my hobby. I listen to all of these radio stations at different times and I try to win the contests and prizes." He then told me he had average winning about 2000 dollars a year for the past three years. He said it takes work but he enjoys it and it was "free" money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit