I asked where is the proof?

by disillusioned 2 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• label licker
    label licker

Where is your blind faith? Don't you know it will become ever so clearer down the road and to just wait on Jehovah? And yes, that is what shit does. You are to not have a brain to think for yourself but to just sit there until you rot and disappear. Don't take it personal.

I am so glad that I had left my computer on "accidentally" and now we are both out at the same time. I can't imagine what it would be like had my husband still went to the meetings on his own as well as go out in service on his own. Reading posts like this makes me thankful for sure. I hope for your sake he opens his eyes soon.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

disillusioned2 - simply ask your husband to use the Bible to show you how he/Org arrive at the year 1919.

Perfectly reasonable question to ask!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Searcher: disillusioned2 - simply ask your husband to use the Bible to show you how he/Org arrive at the year 1919. Perfectly reasonable question to ask!

RIGHT ON!

Searcher, your comments are always well thought and right on the money.

Disillusioned: DO NOT go on the offensive. Tell him you NEED HELP to confirm this. He's is your "head". It is his responsibility. So many changes. So much confusion. Why is what was once right, now wrong. New Lite? Suggest he research it and discuss at Family Worship Night. (Yeah, I know. He doesn't do it either!) Put it in HIS COURT. Then if/when he calls in the Elders, you can tell them that HE fails to be a spiritual man and (if it's true) does not uphold Family Worship and IT'S HIS FAULT YOU ARE WEAK.

The Bereans were commended for testing out what the Apostle Paul told them. Should we give these men a "free pass"? Are they better than Paul?

1 John 4:1-4 ".....test out every inspired expression". Of course, that would mean we should NOT test out expressions from persons that admit they are NOT inspired? Yeah, that makes sense. DUH?

Doc

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This is what happens when people accept ancient mythology as factual and not fictional.

In 1919 when J Rutherford made that announcement of Jesus/God choosing his organization above all others, he was still teaching and embracing Pyramidology, cerebrating birthdays, Christmas, had a mistress when he was separated from his wife, drove the most expensive cars he could find and drank the most expensive booze he could find. Built a lavish home to live in, in San Diego with his ahem female personal assistant.

Yes I can see why Jehovah God would choose him as his spiritually guided messenger to all mankind .

He was the only religious Christian leader who was telling "The Truth" at the time.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Obviously he can't defend that teaching so he had to go with a put down.

You might ask him if he thinks the Watchtower predicted that Satan would be cast out and the last days would start in 1914. That is what I was told when I converted. The reality is they thought they were already in the last days and 1914 would see the return of Christ, Armageddon and the end of this system. Old Charlie Russel thought the last days started in 1899. The chronology that got them to choose 1914 was borrowed from another religion (Seventh Day Adventists) and was based on a date for the fall of Jerusalem that is not supported by facts, nor believed by any bible historian.

It was only when Armageddon didn't happen that they came up with the idea of an invisible return. Yeah, it's not that we were wrong, it's that the return was, um, invisible! Yeah, that's the ticket, it was invisible!!!

Then you have the belief that in 1919 Jesus looked down and saw that the international bible studies were the only religion that was acceptable to God. Many JWs don't know that at that time the still celebrated Christmas and birthdays and saluted the flag, in fact they have changed a lot of their beliefs since then. They say the light is getting brighter, but it makes you wonder why Jesus choose a group that had such a dim light in the first place, lol.

• richgirl
    richgirl
    I wonder what your husband would think of appendix B1 in the revised NWT. Have a look. It appears that the GB are no longer convinced that Satan was cast down to the earth in 1914. It says, "about 1914". It also makes absolutely no mention whatsoever that Jesus was enthroned as King in 1914!!! Are they also unsure about that? Show your husband and ask him why he thinks that is!! I would be interested to know how he responds.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Let it be clearly understood that the WTS created certain doctrines such as 1914 , 1919 to support the proliferation of the literature it produced and published.

Rutherford's self proclamation (1919) of being chosen by God was just instigated to cultivate a sense of viability to himself and the organization .

Using the bible to accomplish this feat was bound to work since there is a public sense of believability of the bible .

Why didn't the hundreds of other Christian based faiths say something about 1914. ???

Most of the reason is because Jesus admonishing his follows to not make a time on god's sacred time.

So the WTS/JWS went right against Jesus own commandant.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Disillusioned: DO NOT go on the offensive. Tell him you NEED HELP to confirm this. He's is your "head". It is his responsibility.

YOU WILL LOSE confronting a cultist.

That having been said - 3 big problems with 1914.

1. WTS used to say that there had never been such an optimistic, peaceful period immediately prior to 1914. (See Note 1). However, the handful of quotations used by WTS are not only cherry-picked, but taken out of context.

For example, Google https://www.google.com/search?q=what+led+up+to+ww1&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

The one result worth a quick read ( http://www.infoplease.com/encyclopedia/history/world-war-i-causes.html#ixzz3aMOISOpB ) shows that " Prominent causes were the imperialistic, territorial, and economic rivalries that had been intensifying from the late 19th cent." It specifies around 1870, just before CTR's investigations.

2. Jesus won the war in heaven on Oct 2, 1914, according to WTS. WW1 began in July/August. How did Satan, in the real mother of all wars, have a time-out from Michael to spent months on earth to create the conditions for WW1. Sounds like some behinds-the-scene cooperation to me. (Or just plain, old BS).

3. The FDS was not appointed (newer light) until 1919. Then why did Jesus or Jehovah provide "spiritual food" of this prophecy of 1914 of such critical importance to anyone but the FDS? What was the status of the person(s) who received this "prophecy" or "spiritual food?"

Note 1 - WT May 1, 1992 - Suddenly, in August
    “The spring and summer of 1914 were marked in Europe by an exceptional tranquillity,” wrote British statesman Winston Churchill. People were generally optimistic about the future. “The world of 1914 was full of hope and promise,” said Louis Snyder in his book World War I.
    True, for many years there had been intense rivalry between Germany and Britain. Nevertheless, as historian G. P. Gooch explains in his book Under Six Reigns: “A European conflict appeared less likely in 1914 than in 1911, 1912 or 1913 . . . The relations of the two governments were better than they had been for years.” According to Winston Churchill, a member of Britain’s 1914 cabinet: “Germany seemed with us, to be set on peace.”

• prologos
    prologos
    ask your husband to show you, even from the "Proclaimers" book the beliefs, doctrines titles of talks, prophecies in 1918-19. after all. Jesus would base his judgement on true christians teaching true doctrine? right? then ask why would he? show me!
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Yeah that was one of the things that got me, that I had no idea of. Rutherford was an abusive, womanising, alcoholic, who lived the high life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit