I asked where is the proof?

by disillusioned 2 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

Arguing with my husband again, I asked where is the proof that Jesus looked down on earth in 1919 and chose a small group of bible students in America apart from them saying it in their magazines. Also where is the proof that Satan and his demons were cast down in 1914 just because first world war started. Neither of these things are in the bible only in their magazines. He looked at me like I was a piece of shit on his shoe! (Excuse my language).

He said "you have really gone, and you are way off base"! Then he walked out of the room and we haven't spoken since.

The joys of being in a divided house.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl
    Lol! Nice strategy: go after you personally and altogether ignore your valid questions.
  • lriddle80
    lriddle80
    They don't need proof. The governing body says so. The end.
  • exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Arguing with my husband again, I asked where is the proof that Jesus looked down on earth in 1919 and chose a small group of bible students in America apart from them saying it in their magazines.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof and there simply isn't any.....never was.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    They'll submit pseudo proof that when you are in you say "we'll I guess that makes enough sense not to question anymore" when you are mentally fee you can see there is zero proof of anything. Believing in god and the bible is backed into then maintained via circular reasoning. Constantly proving 2+2=5...
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Arguing with my husband again, I asked where is the proof that Jesus looked down on earth in 1919 and chose a small group of bible students in America apart from them saying it in their magazines. Also where is the proof that Satan and his demons were cast down in 1914 just because first world war started. Neither of these things are in the bible only in their magazines.

He said "you have really gone, and you are way off base"!

JW Reasoning:

He`s angry at you because,he has no proof..

So that proves he`s right!..

.........................................Image result for stupid husband

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

FANTASTIC REASONING!

Im amazed that I never thought of such simple yet obvious questions as these before!

Thanks for sharing.

Im sorry that he reacted that way, but I'm sure inside he is giving a great deal of thought to your questions.....

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@disillusioned 2 - your question is spot on.

Given total lack of evidence for Jesus selecting the bible students in 1919 plus the WTS inclination to rewrite their own history, your question starts to become rhetorical.

It's easy for me to say this - I don't have to live with him - but try to be patient with your husband.

I'm assuming this matter involves your husband's deeply-held beliefs. Softly-softly catch a monkey.

All the best

LUHE

• Ding
    Ding
    It is quite a shock when a person first realizes that all of those Bible passages the WTS says is about them aren't about them at all.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ding:
    It is quite a shock when a person first realizes that all of those Bible passages the WTS says is about them aren't about them at all.

Yes!....I agree, once the first card is pulled out and the house of cards starts falling, it takes a very short time to see it all in a mess!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit