I asked where is the proof?

by disillusioned 2 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I'm very sorry he's treating you that way. I've had many divided days and nights. Wife and I are at an understanding now. She us a way more tolerant person than she's ever been. She had to see thay I'm not a monster without being brainwashed. Give it some time. But if he doesnt come around I'm very very sorry
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Me: people sold their homes and gave up jobs before 1975, the org must have strongly suggested the end was coming then, otherwise they wouldn't have done those things. Him: the WT never said that, people just got over excited.

I CALL BULLSHIT ON THAT!

May 22, 1969 Awake! -- “If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things…Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.”

JWs were "over excited" about 1975 only because the WT did say all those things. False prophecy or false promises, however you want to call it. They were wrong. The "spirit directed channel of communication" was wrong, over and over and over again. So..........are they really "spirit directed"? If so.....then God/HS lied to all of us.

Of course, he won't want to hear it and he'll just excuse them as being imperfect men who made a few mistakes.

Doc

• LHS123
    LHS123

Hahah thanks doc, there's my answer in our next exchange

I just found the scanned magazine online too

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Yes, the end of this system is so very near! Is that no reason to increase our activity?… Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end.”—Kingdom Ministry, May 1974, p. 3
  • Splash
    Splash

berryjerry Jesus won the war in heaven on Oct 2, 1914, according to WTS. WW1 began in July/August.

The FDS was not appointed (newer light) until 1919. Then why did Jesus or Jehovah provide "spiritual food" of this prophecy of 1914 of such critical importance to anyone but the FDS?

Reasoning doesn't get much simpler than this.

Then when you dig deeper, what the WT says they expected in 1914 is not what they expected at all.
    They made a prediction, it failed, they retrospectively changed what their prediction was to make it look like they were right.

They messed up a lot of peoples lives with their rubbish, and have never apologised for it.

Remember, both Russell and Rutherford went to their graves teaching that the Bridegroom had already come in 1874 and made king in 1878, so neither were in expectation of him in 1914 and therefore could not have been "happy" if "on arriving he found them watching for his return."

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

Eight days and counting. Since I asked the questions above my 'christian' husband has not spoken to me. I would love to know what's going on in his mind. I feel like he has personally disfellowshipped me! I am beginning to hate this religion.

Yesterday I went to my Uncle's funeral and in the pub later my brother-in-law (a witness) was getting into an argument with the vicar over religion, my mum (a witness) had to step in and stop them. Totally out of order using a funeral to try and preach to those who have different beliefs. He was probably counting the time!

He sounded so haughty. Really coming across that what you teach is wrong and we are right. He and his wife (my sister) didn't go to the church, wouldn't step into one. Turned up at the pub just to cause trouble. He left and my sister stayed with us. We were all quite embarrassed.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear dis 2,

I would advise to keep on with asking for the proof of 1919.

If it cannot be proved, it means today's G.B are self-appointed charlatans and TWATS.

I know this may cause a huge rift with you two, but for Christs sake, if your partner cannot be honest and open with you, and discuss matters, then do they deserve any respect ?

• mychainsaregone
    mychainsaregone
    Men can be so cold! I'm sorry you are going through this.... I grew up with the JW beliefs and remember the early 70s. My mother hesitated to enroll my older sister in 1974, but my father insisted she enroll her. My dad quit going to the KH along the time that the 1975 prophecy proved to be false. My mother kept going and died 3 years ago, still believing.
  • opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    6 days ago

Arguing with my husband again, I asked where is the proof that Jesus looked down on earth in 1919 and chose a small group of bible students in America apart from them saying it in their magazines. Also where is the proof that Satan and his demons were cast down in 1914 just because first world war started. Neither of these things are in the bible only in their magazines. He looked at me like I was a piece of shit on his shoe! (Excuse my language).

He said "you have really gone, and you are way off base"! Then he walked out of the room and we haven't spoken since.

The problem is that if a witness shows a signal of independent thinking by questioning any of the Society's doctrines, the alarm of apostasy rings.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    You may also ask about the theological difference (established by the Governing Body) between blood fractions permitted and the blood components forbidden (see page 216 of the book "Keep Yourselves in God's love"). There is no Bible support for that doctrine. Also, according to the GB, witnesses can accept albumin extracted from blood donors, but they are forbidden to donate blood. This is a clear double immoral standard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit