I asked where is the proof?

by disillusioned 2 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• richgirl
    richgirl

Hi disillusioned! Maybe you could discreetly (or not so discreetly!) leave the Awake June 2013 out for your non-communicating husband. Here's part of the article called "How to End the Silent Treatment":

WHY IT HAPPENS

Retaliation. Some spouses use silence as a form of revenge. For example, suppose a husband makes weekend plans without consulting his wife. When she finds out, she is angry and calls him inconsiderate. He responds by calling her oversensitive. The wife storms off and stews in silence. In effect, she is saying, “You hurt me, so I am going to hurt you back.”

Manipulation. Some use the silent treatment as a means to get what they want. For example, imagine that a husband and wife plan a trip and the wife would like to take her parents along. The husband objects. “You’re married to me, not to your parents,” he says. He then gives his wife the silent treatment, shunning her in the hope that she will break down and concede to his wishes.

Of course, a temporary time-out can give a couple the opportunity to let emotions cool when an argument is getting out of hand. That type of silence can be beneficial. The Bible says that there is “a time to keep quiet.” (Ecclesiastes 3:7) But when it is used as a means to retaliate or manipulate, the silent treatment not only prolongs conflict but also erodes the respect the couple have for each other. How can you prevent that from happening to you?

• smiddy
    smiddy

When did world war one start what year , what month ?

When was Satan and his demons cast out of heaven ? what year what month ?

Can you see a problem in what is supposed to have happened here ?

If you can`t then take a closer look.

smiddy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sorry to hear this Dis2.

Obvious...hubby has no answer. He is just trusting the WBT$ to be right.

Divided home...been in one...she left!

I hope things heal for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit