I need help! Talk coming up and I need ideas fast!

by BU2B 75 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

That is a good Idea about comparing the "proof" I would compare the GB proof vs Moses proof but I am already pushing 6 minutes.. Cant really add anything else.

I am letting the audience draw their own conclusions and search for proof in their own hearts. A good non thinking JW should be able to come up with "abundant proof" that the GB is being used by god. Their power for self deception and illogic is enourmous.

• BU2B
    BU2B

The only way I can see an elder really get suspicious is if they have considerable experience with "apostate reasonings" It may tip them off but really what could they ask me? I really dont want to be viewed as strong to them anyways.. I want them to know that I am smart and onto them. I want them to know that I am a thinking person that does not spout the WT line, yet not have enough to pin on me.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I want them to know that I am a thinking person that does not spout the WT line, yet not have enough to pin on me.

In that case your revised talk is perfect!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

WT 15 Nov 2013 - "At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. (4) Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking. The elders must stand ready to help any who may now be wavering in their faith."

............so even if the GB endanger our lives with foolish rules we as true Christians HAVE TO BELIEVE THEM WITHOUT QUESTION.

• Island Man
    Island Man

How did your talk tonight go, BU2B?

• suavojr
    suavojr

Waiting for an update and recording! :)

• Island Man
    Island Man

He's probably still in a meeting with the elders.

• Island Man
    Island Man

BU2B, the suspense is killing us.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Hello all! I gave the talk just about word for word from what I have posted on here. After the meeting, the school overseer said he is making me work on my counsel point again about using an outline, (i used a manuscript) I got nervous back in the second school because of the proximity to the audience. I also got nervous because of the blank stares and the things I was saying. I talked faster than I wanted to and didnt enunciate my words like I wanted to and wanted to pause longer at certain spots, and put certian inflection on things that I had practiced to do. A few people said that they enjoyed it and I did a good job, no negative responses. Do not underestimate the obliviousness of JWs to obvious damning things like that Awake quote.. After all they printed it just as they were starting the 1975 prediction. They see no irony. Unless I got up there and explicitly stated that JWs dont have the truth, the GB is a sham etc, they would not get it.

Even my wife who I have read the Walsh trial quotes to, showed some of the false predictions to etc seemed to fail to grasp the irony of the quote I had read. Also I got no flack for saying that blind obedience is not scriptural and that obedience is conditional.. Hmmm.

I recorded the talk on my Ipod touch and have it on my email but dont know how to post it here. I dont want to post it on my own youtube obviously, and dont know how else to put it up here. Maybe I could email it to someone here who could post it on their channel? Any other ideas?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

BU2B, that's fantastic! I'm proud of you for giving the talk just that way. It must feel empowering, but at the same time--at least for me--it was more than a little strange to discover that no one is really listening, and I mean really listening,to what is being said. There is no thinking going on in the KH.

I for one would love to hear a copy of your talk.

You have a PM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit