I need help! Talk coming up and I need ideas fast!

by BU2B 75 Replies latest jw friends

• suavojr
    suavojr

That is perfect! You might feel stress now, but you never know how this could help someone who might actuallly be paying attention. Practice it so you can talk from the heart and tell your wife to make sure she pays attention so she can give you some feedback. This way you can force her to listen and think. Good job bro!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I like your revised talk. You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Thanks Suavojr and Obliette! I am going to tape it as well and try to post it here.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cool, this is the first time I've looked forward to a talk in years!

• cha ching
    cha ching

This is the theme, correct? "Why opposing God appointed authority is tantamount to opposing God himself"!"

Why not slightly change the end of your talk to not focus on "humans", but focus only on Jesus?

"Today as Christians, we follow Jesus. We should be loyal to the pattern Jesus laid out for humans to follow.

And as Galatians 1:8,9 brings out, we do not want to divert from the ORIGINAL good news that Christ taught. We today, just like in Moses day and the 1 st century need to be able to see proof of God approval when we follow any human's lead.

Jesus is the highest authority appointed by God.

Always look to Jesus' example when choosing which course to take, thus avoid any opposition to God."

(Looking forward to hearing how it goes :-)

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

The last sentence ist the morst import to remember.
    Maybe you can change it into a question.
    So the audience will think (if at all) about the answer

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

OH WOW!!!!

You have constructed that talk so very very very well!

Yes, delivere it just like that! It covers the assigned theme very well, and it uses nothing but scriptures and society quotes to prove the comments.

Make sure your tone of delivery is warm and conversational...not snide or harsh or condemning.

Just deliever it, END WITH A THOUGHT PROVOKING QUESTION as fast Jehu suggested, and calmly walk off.

I gaurantee, you will get many people coming up to you saying "great talk brother".

I wish I had this talk this week! I would use your material (if you would allow it?)

Hell, I might just volunteer now!

• AnneB
    AnneB

Some things never change...

Write your own d*** talk instead of getting other people to write it for you!

If you're not up to doing that then cancel.

Be a mensch!!!

• BU2B
    BU2B

AnneB- I did not ask anyone to write the talk for me, the one I am going to give was written by me including some imput from posters here. The people here is all I have to talk to about these matters. The only ones I can go to for help. I need that with all the intense stress I have been under. What did you mean by some things never change? Because I surely have changed alot recently.. I thought we were supposed to be supportive of each other here? Well to each their own AnneB. to each their own.

• scary21
    scary21

I think you should give this talk. Better for people to hear this GOOD talk than some crappy one another brother will surely give.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit