I need help! Talk coming up and I need ideas fast!

by BU2B 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Lisa: BU2B, brilliant. Factual, yet doesn't make the point they were trying to squeeze out of it, that you obey the appointed authority no matter what. They won't like it, but can't pinpoint where you did anything wrong.

Exactly. He did what they asked, which is clearly not what they wanted!

It's funny, once you wake up and realize their game, it's easy to beat them at it because they really aren't that smart. The one thing you can't easily win is the way they control others.

Still, it's fun to beat them at their own game.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I never thought I'd say this, but I wish I were attending your meeting.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Your ending points the way to Jesus way to go! :-)

Do they still correct people after their talks?

What would you do if you were not at Tuesday meetings?

How many hours for Tuesday night? Including getting ready and driving time?

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Ok, you've got me now.

I DO like that bit about following Jesus.Way to go!!!

It's what a true Christian does.

Good luck. X

• BU2B
    BU2B

I was just thinking.. The theme is about rejecting god appointed authority. It didn't say human authority.. I just made that authority Jesus. He is god appointed authority isn't he? Also this talk should only bother Jw that don't have strong faith. I say this because a good Jw will fully believe that the GB has abundant proof. If someone was to approach me about it, I would just ask, "what? Are you saying that the GB does not have proof? Jw are not supposed to blindly believe, they are supposed to think there is abundant proof even though there isn't. Anyone who has s problem with my talk will be "spiritually weak". A strong JW will automatically a apply christmdom to it and think I did great bashing Mormons and not see the comparison. If I am called out wich I doubt, I will just play dumb, I am good at that.. Jw are pretty oblivious for the most part.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Go for it BU2B! Your talk would definitely help thinking dubs in your hall. It may even enable you to identifiy other awake JWs. But don't be surprized if you end up on the elder's radar. Like you said, just play dumb if the elders ask you any Qs.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

a good Jw will fully believe that the GB has abundant proof.

Exactly. This is why, whenever the GB changes a major doctrine, they say things like, "evidently," or "upon closer examination."

Those words and phrases ARE their abundant proof.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Maybe you should use your line of argument of the multiple proofs offered by Moses and compare that to the FDS, and offer really lame proofs suchas their claim they are appointed by God according to the Watchtower so and so. ..or they claim to have been chosen between 1914 to 1919 when the iconic Finished Mystery book was written. It may get someone to think, or it may lead you to a JC eventually.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

BU2B - Get a copy of Crisis of Conscience by Raymund Franz or Christian Freedom and

just make the talk of the material in the books, no-one will probably notice.

• cha ching
    cha ching

HaHa Never a JW,

I like your idea about comparing "proof'...

Moses did the 10 plagues .... the Israelites could see God was behind him..

The GB had 7 conventions in the early 1900's, they arrange hotels for us, God is behind them..

Moses parted the Red Sea, the GB print magazines, what more proof do you need?

(Ridiculous when it is said out loud, hmm?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit