I need help! Talk coming up and I need ideas fast!

by BU2B 75 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

OMG I am so distressed. I have a talk coming up on Tuesday, it is the number 3 "abiram. Why opposing god appointed authority is tantamount to opposing god himself"!

I meant to send an email to the school overseer that I can't do it, but it crept up on me, and now my wife knows about it! I am thinking of making the talk more into why abiram should not have doubted Moses based on his credentials, all the miracles in Egypt, the Red Sea, burning bush etc. The point I would be making Is that even though there was clear evidence and PROOF god was using moses, he rebelled anyways. I would subtly be making the point that the GB today has no proof or evidence. I would make no application to our day.

Any other ideas? Or should I just fake sick that day and skip it? What do you all think?!

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

fake sick and let someone else stress over it.

i started doing this toward the end.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi BU2B, I like your idea for the talk and it might also reduce your wife's suspicions.

I feel that you need a memorable punch line that maybe compares Moses times and feats to modern day religions like the Scientologists. Is it possible to mention the teachings of Jesus Christ in your talk? Something like, "Since we are Christians (or 'True Christians' to keep up the charade of being a JW) who follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and do not follow false prophets like the Church of Scientology, we can tell the differences by the fruit of our leaders as Jesus taught us in Mt 7:15-20."

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• blondie
    blondie

Rough topic...certainly to be applied to supporting imperfect humans appointed by God.

I would skip it if you can.

The talk you could give:

Is it always correct to support those claiming to be God's servants.

How did God identify Moses...by miracles. Remember too that Moses wife was not an Israelite.

Also remember that Moses brother Aaron sinned great against God by building the golden calf, but Aaron did not receive any punishment, certainly not death as the others did.

Remember that Moses' sister Miriarm along with Aaron challenged Moses authority, but neither he or she was put to death.

Abiram was neither brother nor sister when he supposedly challenged Moses, yet he died.

Paul challenged Peter before the Galatian congregation about shunning Gentile Christians because they were not circumcised, despite the ruling in Acts 15. Was Paul put to death for correcting one of God's representatives?

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Don't do it darling.

You say first off that you are "distressed". That is not a good sign on an opening statement.

That talk is a total load of crap. This talk is just about giving the GB, elders and the rest of the hierachy, MORE God given authority, which they do NOT have.

Please don't play into their hands and give them more power by delivering this item. Let someone else do it.

I'm not normally so bossy but I hate this control these people have over others.

XX

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Skip it any way you can, it's a propaganda talk and has nothing to do with truth or reality. Maybe you could just manage to come home sick from work Tuesday...with a fever...and a sore throat. I would guess that you will be happier in your own skin if you don't get on that stage. HUGS

• cha ching
    cha ching

Yikes! Sounds like Nazi time again!

I like Blondies outline....

Your finishing line c/b:

"To oppose or not to oppose, that is the question.... "

The answer? "Not unless you are a brother or sister of the "authority"

cha ching!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

" Why opposing god appointed authority is tantamount to opposing god himself"!

Last sentence to the talk .....

And since the fraudulent Watchtower Corporation is not god's appointed authority here on earth we should

all wisely avoid this lying corrupt organization to keep are self separate and clean from this indulgent man

made corruption.

• zophar
    zophar

God has always given credentials to those he is using as his spokespersons.

He gave credentials to Moses: Parting Red Sea; 10 Commandments etc.

In the first century he gave credentials to the Christian Congregation on Pentecost 33 CE buy the miraculous gift of tongues.

Our recent Bible Study in the Draw Close to Jehovah book chapter 4 paragraph 16 stated: "Although now is not his time for performing miracles, Jehovah has not changed since Elijah's day" So today, we have no miracles that make it so easy to identify Jehovah's representative as was the case in the days of Abiram. He had clear proof that Moses was representing Jehovah.

It makes the point that the GB really doesn't have the same credentials without explicity saying that. Might cause some to think.

• zophar
    zophar

....buythe miraculous gift????

I meant bythe miraculous gift!

Did a Simon there trying to buy those gifts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit