I need help! Talk coming up and I need ideas fast!

by BU2B 75 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

Unfortunately i think it will be in the second school, so not as many will hear my TTATT infused talk as I would like.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Brilliant!! If I was listening to this at out hall I'd love it! Someone in the Conscious Class will know for sure that you are also a closet apostate but as for the R&F, they will be nodding their heads thinking of 'evil Christendom'. It may even wake a few from their slumber. Awesome job! Please let us know how it goes!!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Excellant written talk!! Say it from the heart with feelings and convictions, and everyone hearing you will compliment you. You might even get lucky enough that the elders never ask you to give a talk again but not suspect you enough to form a JC. The quote from the Awake! is a nice touch.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• BU2B
    BU2B

HOLY SPIRIT IM CALLING YOU OUT!!! a apostate is about to speak twisted things at a KH in Buffalo, NY on Tuesday night!! Lets see if it catches me before I can deliver it lol

• Island Man
    Island Man

BU2B, you've got mail!

• BU2B
    BU2B

Recieved! Thanks Island man.. I got your suggestion, but what is your opinion on my revised talk?

• Island Man
    Island Man

BU2B, your talk is great from the standpoint of sharing TTATT. But I'm afraid that it might raise suspicions. Why? Because it strays a little too much from the theme. The theme given is about not opposing God appionted authority. But your talk reads like you're going out of your way to make a point about not blindly following anyorganization. I'm afraid that may likely raise some suspicion about your motives among the elders.

My advice to you would be to not focus as much on the point about blindly following others without proof. Focus on the theme of the talk but find a way to mention that Abiram failed to consider the clear evidence of God's appointment of Moses. In other words, you can still make your point about not following blindly and the need for clear evidence. But just mention it secondarily without focusing on it. Focusing on it too much may draw suspicion from the elders.

But it depends on how you're perceived and want to be perceived by the elders. If you don't mind the elders knowing you have doubts and you want a way to share TTATT without them having solid grounds to accuse you, then I would definitely go with your revised talk.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

BU2B: HOLY SPIRIT IM CALLING YOU OUT!!! a apostate is about to speak twisted things at a KH in Buffalo, NY on Tuesday night!!

Funny, it was a string of things like this that eventually convinced me that Holy Spirit, if such a thing even exists, has absolutely nothing to do with this religion!

That being said, I like the idea of ending your talk with a thought-provoking question!

• mzmmom
    mzmmom

Awesome! Great job!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

BU2B, brilliant. Factual, yet doesn't make the point they were trying to squeeze out of it, that you obey the appointed authority no matter what. They won't like it, but can't pinpoint where you did anything wrong.

Any time someone demands obedience, no matter what is asked, run!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit