What is the main "idea" of the bible?

by KateWild 71 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cantleave
    cantleave

You might as well ask what is the main idea of Star Trek.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Be Good & Be ready.....Be good to your fellow man (if possible). & Be ready, when judgment comes. Oh, & don't get too attached to material things. They can be here today & gone tomorrow...Money only supplies comforts, it will not make you happy. Once folks get alot of money, then they spend it going to the shrink to tell them..I have all this money & something is missing...I'm not happy...So when you do get the money, you spend it at the shrinks office. So he or she can say....You don't like your parents...

Legacy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

cantleave - To boldly go??

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

i think it is " play time" its an " idea" that people use when they want to " play" with " iam right" and you are " wrong" . But nobody can put the puzzle together...the game is over for those that " played" that power trip. The game is over the pieces dont fit together and the common man can see that now...and its loosing its power...thank God -:)

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

i think it is " play time" its an " idea" that people use when they want to " play" with " iam right" and you are " wrong" . But nobody can put the puzzle together...the game is over for those that " played" that power trip. The game is over the pieces dont fit together and the common man can see that now...and its loosing its power...thank God -:)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" I find myself thinking that if there is a God and God is good and Satan is evil that Satan probably was the one that wrote the bible."

It's just as likely that "SATAN" is the good guy and was trying to free Mankind from another entity that has come to be know as "YHWH." GOD killed people for wanting to be like him. SATAN told humans that they could be like GOD and live as "gods." GOD disliked this so much that he kicked them out of paradise and sentenced them to death. Satan never lied, obviously. Otherwise, why would GOD lash out against humans to keep them from the "Tree of life?" YHWH is the one who killed people and animals and collected foreskins and killed children whenever he felt like it.

The Bible paralyzes your psyche. Should I act?? Ummm, better let God do it... And if you think all the good done on Earth stems from the Bible, think again. "Pagans" and Atheists have been accomplishing good for centuries upon centuries. Evidently those things are not dependent upon the scrolls that the Council of Nicea chose to call the Bible.

DD

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

How all prophesies would lead up to the horn-blowing in Cedar Point Ohio.

Rub a Dub

• KateWild
    KateWild

Rub a dub,

LOL good one I lke it. Kate xx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Rubadub, LOL!! When you put it that way, it really shows the ridiculous nature of the WTBTS's claims of divine favor.

DD

• Heaven
    Heaven

The Bible was put together to validate and justify the Christian faith. The stories are designed to show that if you don't do as God instructs, you will be judged and punished. You MUST be reborn as a Christian. You MUST accept Jesus as your saviour.

So far, the world's census numbers show this isn't working so well with only about 1/3 of the population identifying themselves as "Christian".

There are people who have been born, lived their entire lives, and died without ever knowing who Jesus was purported to be. This has been going on for over 200,000 years. It is still going on. This will always be the case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit