The Good News of The Kingdom - Gods Plan for Salvation through the Ransom (Help Needed)

by objectivetruth 51 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

There are a few Scriptures that are Crucial in Understanding the True Good News of the Kingdom, and the extent of Jesus Ransom Sacrifice.

I will Quote the Scripture First from the New New World Translation, I will then quote from the ESV Translation. I will Bolden the Major Difference.

1 Timothy 4:10 - This is why we are working hard and exerting ourselves,because we have rested our hope on a living God, who is a Saviorof all sorts of men,especially of faithful ones.

For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

1 Timothy 2:6 - who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all* (*All sorts of) this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time.

who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time.

1 Timothy 2:4 - whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Romans 5:18 - So, then, as through one trespass the result to men of all sorts was condemnation, so too through one act of justification the result to men of all sorts is their being declared righteous for life.

Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men.

Titus 2:11 - For the undeserved kindness of God has been manifested, bringing salvation to all sorts of people.

For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,

John 1:7 - This man came as a witness, in order to bear witness about the light,so that people of all sorts might believe through him.

He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him.

All of the Above scriptures, apply directly or inderectly to Salvation. Notice the NWT changes "All" to "All Sorts of". In order to understand the Percularity in these changes, I examined other passages with the same Greek Words..

The Greek Words used in the Above passages are Below, with the amount of times they appear in the New Testament.

If you click on the link, you will be brought to biblehub.com where you can view all occurences of the word.

πάντων (pantōn) — 135 Occurrences

πάντας (pantas) — 90 Occurrences

πάντες (pantes) — 177 Occurrences

πάντα (panta) — 265 Occurrences

πᾶσιν (pasin) — 81 Occurrences

πάσας (pasas) — 9 Occurrences

In "all" these 6 Words are used 757 Times in the New Testament. In all but 12 occasions the New World Translations, translates this word as "all" in these 12 versed the NWT translates these words to read "all sorts of people." or a variance of "all sorts".

7 Of the 12 "all sorts translations Directly Relate to the Ransom! The other 5 are (Acts 10:12,1 Peter 2:17, 1 Timothy 2:1, 1 Timothy 2:2, 1 Peter 2:1) - Note that 1 Tim 2:1 & 1 Tim 2:2 are in the same chapte as a Salvation verse 1 Timothy 2:6)

Every Single bible I have reviewed translates "Pas" as "All"

Why has the Watchtower Organization done this?? Does anyone know?

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

According to Watchtower Doctrine, Jesus chose the Bible Students / Watchtower Organization in 1914. They have made many minor adjustments since that time stating (The light gets brighter).. But many don't realize that they have completely abandoned their original Doctrine on The Good News and Salvation.

Can the Watchtower, be compared to Hymenaeus?

See Again this Insight quote -

"Its Importance. The apostle Paul wrote with strong conviction about the provision for salvation that God had made through Jesus Christ. He declared that if anyone was to declare to the Galatians something beyond what they had learned, something that was actually a different teaching, “let him be accursed."

July 15 2013 Watchtower "Look I am with you all the Days" verse 6 - "What is the larger fulfillment of Malachi’s prophecy? During the decades leading up to 1914, C. T. Russell and his close associates did a work like that of John the Baptizer. That vital work involved restoring Bible truths. The Bible Students taught the true meaning of Christ’s ransom sacrifice"

You can read about this message here - Divine Plan of the Ages - C.T. Russell (ePub)

http://books.google.com/books/download/Divine_Plan_of_the_Ages.epub?id=DkYZAAAAYAAJ&hl=en&capid=AFLRE73NCjguwvLsHPVruZAGvoDb4TBi8WjG8DWsY4SA9Bjgpy7dh-AvPbuby_ZNV98hddTr99YYnprWem4gFyvX_fiBANXMlA&continue=http://books.google.com/books/download/Divine_Plan_of_the_Ages.epub%3Fid%3DDkYZAAAAYAAJ%26output%3Depub%26hl%3Den

Here are a few selected quotes :

“When as a result of the ransom, he [man] is granted another trial, an individual trial, under the eye and control of him who loved him…we may be sure that only the wilfully disobedient will receive the penalty of the second trial. That penalty will be the second death [annihilation]”

"FROM the outline of God's revealed plan, as thus far sketched, it is evident that his design for mankind is a restitution or restoration to the perfection and glory lost in Eden.

"According to God's arrangement in providing a ransom, all mankind, unless they wilfully resist the saving power of the Great Deliverer, must be delivered from the original penalty, "the bondage of corruption", death, else the ransom does not avail for all. "He "gave himself a ransom [a corresponding price] for all," in order that he might bless all, and give to every man an individual trial for life."

"To claim that he gave "ransom for all," and yet to claim that only a mere handful of the ransomed ones will ever receive any benefit from it, is absurd; for it would imply either that God accepted the ransom-price and then unjustly refused to grant the release of the redeemed, or else that the Lord,after redeeming all, was either unable or unwilling to carry out the original benevolent design."

- End of Quotes

Am I an Apostate, or is the Watchtower the Apostate?

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Notice Russell's quote -

"To claim that he gave "ransom for all," and yet to claim that only a mere handful of the ransomed ones will ever receive any benefit from it, is absurd; for it would imply either that God accepted the ransom-price and then unjustly refused to grant the release of the redeemed, or else that the Lord,after redeeming all, was either unable or unwilling to carry out the original benevolent design."

Now see the Current Teaching of the Ransom :

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer,have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." Watchtower 1989 Sep 1 p.19

"Children are affected by the course of their parents, and parents are warned that their iniquity is visited on their offspring unto the third and fourth generation. (Ex. 20:5, 6) Parents are commanded to instruct their children in God's way, and if in these last days parents refuse to heed the divine instruction and warningthey bring destruction upon themselves and their small children at Armageddon. (Deut. 6:6, 7; Eph. 6:4) According to justice God can leave such children dead, for, as Ezekiel showed, all die in their iniquity."Watchtower 1950 Nov 15 p.463 Questions From Readers

"They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovahs organization is essential to their salvation." Kingdom Ministry 1990 Nov p.1
    "Yes, today, with Armageddon staring us in the face, we must keep in mind the sobering thought that millions, evenbillions, of lives may shortly come to a swift and decisive end, putting their onetime owners beyond the reach of any expression of love on our part." Watchtower 1965 Apr 1 p. 212
    "Similarly, Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it." Watchtower 1983 Feb 15 p.12
    "There are billions of people who do not know Jehovah. Many of them in ignorance practice things that God's Word shows to be wicked. If they persist in this course, they will be among those who perish during the great tribulation."Watchtower 1993 Oct 1 p.19
    "Yes, the destruction of the gross sinners in those cities was eternal, as will be the destruction of the wicked at the end of the present system of things."Watchtower 1990 Apr 15 p.20
    "The majority of people living today will probably be alive when Armageddon breaks out, and there are no resurrection hopes for those that are destroyed then." Kingdom Ministry 1968 Mar p.4
    "But Jehovah's servants already belong to the only organization that will survive the end of this wicked system of things."Watchtower 2007 Dec 15 p.14
    "But if we were to draw away from Jehovah's organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy."Watchtower 1993 Sep 15 p.22
    "Only Christian witnesses of Jehovah who successfully pass this test will survive and come forth like fire-refined gold for God's use in his precious new order." Watchtower 1985 Mar 1 p.14

Quotes Compiled by : http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/salvation-only-for-jehovahs-witnesses.php

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

If the "Light Gets Brighter" Argument is used "

Regarding progressive spiritual enlightenment, Proverbs 4:18 has proved true. It says: “The path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established.” How thankful we are for the progressive spiritual enlightenment we have experienced!” Watchtower 2001 Jan 15 p.18

Compare these 2 Contrasts :

1879 - 1935 Watchtower Teaches that All Mankind will benefit from the Ransom.

1936 - 2014 Watchtower Teaches that Some will benefit from the Ransom.

If this is the Most Important belief, for a Christian where is the Detailed Explanation of the change in Doctrine?

All Mankind alive in the time of the Flood = Annihilated - Ransom does not Apply.

Anyone that God Destroyed = Annihilated - Ransom does not Apply.

Any member of Christendom from 1914 onward = Annihilated - Ransom Does not Apply

Anyone that is not a Jehovah's Witness During the Great Tribulation 7 Billion - 10 Billion + ?? Annihilated - Ransom does not Apply.

If this is were the case.. wouldn't it be more appropriate to say "The Light Gets Darker and Gloomier"?

To Be Continued.... ( I will next examine against the Scriptures each of their teachings regarding "Wheat and the Weeds", "Sheep and the Goats", Armageddon,The 1,000 Year Reign.

If you would like to help me with the Development of this Topic, I could really use your help. Please Message me and I will send you a list of things I can use assistance with. Thank You So Much!

P.S. To compare these Teachings, see this Website http://wtarchive.svhelden.info/english/books-and-tracts/

It contains all Early WT Articles and Books!

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

I apologize for the Typos and Gramatical errors, I exceeded my Edit limit. - I will make corrections ASAP.

• cofty
    cofty

objectivetruth you are still stuck with Watchtower doctrines that depend on selective reading of the NT.

Have a read at this article on the history and development of the ransom doctrine and how it contrasts with the kerygma of the early church...

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Cofty - I have not had the opportunity to fully examine your article, and give it the attention that it deserves.. I will do this, ASAP.

From what I have read, you make some very interesting and valid points..

I especially appreciate this " The real issue that Christ’s death deals with then, is not our desire for everlasting life, but our sin that separates us from a holy God. We were created for fellowship with Him, but instead we are alienated from Him by our sin. Our physical death is only a symptom of this fundamental problem. Primarily it was not life that we needed to be bought for us, it was forgiveness that we needed to be obtained for us."

I have a research "project" ongoing regarding "Being Driven from Gods Presence" or "Away from his face" this theme is repeated throughout the NT and OT a prime example of this is Genesis 4:14 " Behold, you have driven me today away from the ground, and from your face I shall be hidden. I shall be a fugitive and a wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

You have a real talent for writing and research, I'm sure I will be able to benefit from the extensive research you have already done.

BTW - I have not personally fully developed my belief on The Ransom & Salvation.. While i do have a fair understanding of the principles of it, I can't say that I understand it perfectly. The objective of this post is not to, promote my personal beliefs, rather it is to show that the WT has made some very large changes to this most important doctrine. Because of this it is a worth while pursuit for any one to do the research and dig deep to understand for themselves , regarding what this good news is.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Is this a manifesto or something?

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son....

If that is the case, if we are to believe that God, in fact, did that and that Jesus was indeed his Son. Then the rest of the scripture is all you need to know. "that whoever BELIEVES in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

No reason for a dissertation. It is plain and simple. Don't convolute it with positions and nuanced expositions. Accept it if you choose to.

SOP

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

SOP - " in the organization; an organization that worries more about perception than substance." A quote from your first post.

You were exactly correct in this quote.. It matches Matthew 23:27 - "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness."

I wish that it was Plain and Simple. Unfortunately it's not. For us whom understand the significance of a simple and true relationship with God & Jesus it is simple.. But the GB makes things complicated.

These types of articles helped me see the truth, so,it is my hope that I can help any one.. If just a bit.

Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit