Hello, I am new

by LillyC 54 Replies latest jw friends

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to this forum. Many jw are nice. They use the Bible to answer questions and emphasize that a householder have an open mind. But when one becomes a jw, then they are not to question the direction from the organization. They are discouraged from studying anything other than what the Watchtower Society prints. They teach disfellowshipping of ones who question the organization. They have teachings, such as blood transfusions, that is not completely scriptural.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I was a JW and left 47 year ago. I could no longer consider that depriving my new born son a life saving blood transfusion was a necessary part of the 'truth'. Somehow or other Jesus never mentioned that.

Since 1961 JW's under the direction of the Watchtower Society requires that a person who agrees to giving a life saving transfusion to a child or mate must be fellowshipped and shunned by all of their JW family and friends and any JW they come across anywhere in the world. There are some 32 other sins that you can be shunned for. All but 6 or 7 are not mentioned in the Bible.

The shunning policy is really a form of coercion to keep a witness loyal to the organization. Fear of losing ones family and close friends is very effective to keep believers in line. There are 5 or 6 other prominent religions that shun like Scientology and the Mormon's. Traditional Christian religions do not punish a person because they change their minds and leave to join another church or no church.

I also left because they taught that only the JW's would survive Armageddon meaning the world's population of some 7 billion would die.

Jesus never mentioned that either.

They teach about paradise earth......... try to find a reference to a paradise earth in the bible.

I have learned other things since the days I was a believer. That should a minor be sexually abused by a JW Pedophile the Pedophile will go unpunished if there isn't a second witness to the incident. Nor would the Elders inform the police (the law has been changing in some states) nor would the Elders warn the congregation that there is a pedophile in the congregation.

I also know that JW's will punish followers who violate their cultural bias's because they can not tolerate wearing beards, Long hair,smoking etc.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome! I am married to a Witness and now that I know more about their inner workings, I would never join. Kudos to you for your earnest searching. Keep looking. Some websites you might enjoy:

http://www.24-7prayer.com/

http://precept.org/about_inductive_bible_study

• flipper
    flipper

LILLY- Welcome to the board. I would thoroughly research Jehovah's Witnesses on the nternet before asking them what they are about. Lots of details are hidden about injustices, real motives of WT leaders, and shunning of relatives who choose to leave the organization. Be careful what you decide to do. We are here for you as a support if you have any questions. WT Society really is an unethical organization. Don't be shy about getting access to information. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• clarity
    clarity

Hello LillyC ....big welcome to this place where you are free

to ask questions.........& get answers! Lovely to have you.

Here is an important doctrine you really need to see.

Is Christ Your Mediator .....cause if he isn't, we should be

ending our prayers with ..."in Jesus GB's name we ask these things......"

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/136142/1/As-A-Witness-Did-You-Believe-That-Jesus-Was-Your-Mediator#.UzCXIm9OVjo

all the best Lilly

clarity

• SAHS
    SAHS

Welcome, “LillyC.” You are always welcome here.

Only one word comes to mind regarding the Jehovah’s Witness religion of the Watchtower:

RUN!!!

• FL_Panthers
    FL_Panthers

Welcome LillyC.

The best place to learn about JW is on JW.org

do not go to any other website. JW.org is the only official website for finding out the right information. Any other place will have false information and will not be true. It's like if I wanted to find out more about Mercedes Benz as a company, would I go to the BMW website? Volkswagen Website? Uhhh.........no.

if you can, read this scripture at Matthew 7:15

^^ that will give an idea of what to look out for

:-)

• Londo111
    Londo111

If you are looking for a car and the car dealer tells you to only go to their website, only read their brochures, don’t read critical reviews, don’t listen to any customer but those sanctioned by them…would you trust that dealer?

I agree, go by Matthew 7:15. "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are like ferocious wolves."

Then google 1874, 1878, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975, Beth Sarim, Millions Now Living Will Never Die ect... Watch out for false prophets!

Sheep's Clothing = Nice, Polite

Ferocious Wolves = Shunning of family & friends, deaths due to blood transfusion ban, deaths due to a high incidents of suicides, child abuse...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Amen!

True transparency means hiding nothing.

Sylvia

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi LillyC ...

As long as you have breath in your body and feet (or a working wheel-chair) run,

as fast as you can from these people!

They do not have your best interests at heart.

They dress like WT Headquarter's tells them to dress.

They talk like WT Headquarter's tells them to talk.

They believe what WT Headquarter's make them believe.

We are taught to be smooth talking salesmen and not to take no for an answer.

If you do not obey them there are consequences.

If you go to the Kingdom Hall you will hear basically the same talks over and over and over again.

Your mind will turn to mush as it starts to accept their brainwashing techniques.

If you keep sitting in the Kingdon Hall or continue to have a personal Bible study, you will turn into a drone, a Zombie that is not allowed to think for herself any longer.

Is that honestly what you want in your Life?

You do not know the true stories behind the plastic smiling faces. I do.

I am saying this to you with much love and care in my heart for you.

Run!

LoisLane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit