Hello, I am new

by LillyC 54 Replies latest jw friends

• never a jw
    never a jw

I have not been religious since I was 13. However, I like religious people, well I liked them until I started my research about the history of JW's, the history of the Bible and the history of christianity.

After two years of research I still like the humble and innocent people who put their heart and trust into the doctrines of a religion. The people that I don't like are the leaders of the Watchtower. They are dishonest, manipulative and arrogant. Do your research. You have lots to read before you make any serious decision that you are likely to regret later. Baptizing as a JW is a very, very serious decision.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome LillyC!

If it is faith and spirituality you are interested in, these are not found in any religion, but via the liberating and healing "unabridged gospel" message, or full Good News, hidden in plain sight throughout scripture.

Doing plenty of your own reading, writing, thinking, reasoning and questioning is the way to grow and develop fully.

Various religions obstruct this natural process in varying degrees.

The Watchtower is one of the worst.

I'd be happy to recommend a number of empowering books, authors and approaches.

Greetings and blessings

Fernando

South East Queensland, Australia

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

welcome and I'm so glad you researched here first. I have but three words for you....don't do it!!!

My expert opinion {based on 20+ years} is that they are nothing but a cult. I spent my formative years completely engulfed by

this organazation. I have spent my entire adult life in therapy trying to lesson the anxiety and stress that comes from living every day

expecting the end of the world to come. My mother said that my brother and sister would never graduate from highschool {college is looked down on}.

That was in 1975! I graduated 10 years later...two of my sons have now graduated and going to COLLEGE...oh and my brother died, needing a blood

transfusion, which is forbidden by jw's. Your life will change completely, in ways you couldn"t now imagine. The list of jw no no's is so arbitrary and silly

I can't list them all...but I hope you don't like lucky charms cereal or girl scout cookies...cause you won't be allowed to purchase them. Anyways welcome

and good luck!! Oh yeah jw's can't use the phrase good luck either!!!!!!!!!!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Guys just so you know LillyC has made five posts, three saying she is not a JW but singing their praises, two saying that this forum is rubbish technically. 'Her' words are copy and paste Watchtower speak. Nice to know we are attracting attention

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Welcome, I hope you are still questioning and searching.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit