First Post...Hi everyone! Thanks for all of your help over the years!

by stuckinarut2 63 Replies latest jw friends

• krejames
    krejames

Welcome StuckinaRut. Great to see you here (and all the other newbies that have said hi on this upbeat thread). Will look forward to reading more about your story to the extent you wish to share. Some great advice on here already. I'll just echo something already mentioned that helped me stay sane during while building up to my protracted fade....make plenty of non JW friends - there are some fantastic genuine lovely people in this world - good friends will make the transition so much easier however and whenever it comes.

Take care x

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

WELCOME to Make Lemonade also!

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

I have been reading your comments. We do have a kindred spirit. You love the friends, but see them and yourself stuck in movement you no longer believe in. You realize the injustice of killing 7 billion people if they do not follow a movement that cannot decide who and what they really are. If any doubt that just look at the historical record since 1919. Personally I can say that the movement has changed beliefs on so many topics that it no longer can do Jesus Christ justice. I mean how can they say Jesus is the head of the organization with so many wrong teachings since 1919.

It would be great to meet you for coffee.

You are doing a the right thing.

Thanks

• Giordano
    Giordano

My fade took place years ago way back when we were referred to as servants not overseer's. I held three congregational positions when I was pioneering where the need was great. There had to be a great need if a 19 year old was given 3 major positions to fill!

I met my wife in Western PA (where the congregation was located) and she was my pioneer partner. She's still my partner we hit the big 50 anniversary last November.

In my case Armageddon was a big no no, couldn't see killing off perfectly fine people because I failed to get a WT in their hands or they simply didn't want to have anything to do with the JW'S....heck after a while I didn't want to have anything to do with them.

My wife said find with her she never believed in it, her mother did and the JW's helped out the family in a real time of need so she appreciated the good loving ones and rejected everything else. Here's one good rule I'll pass along.......... only marry casual JWs it makes it so much easier to leave the WT with your family intact.

Besides Armageddon the blood issue drove me nuts...... as soon as I realized I would never allow any children of ours or my wife to die by abstaining from blood the veil was gone. We decided to fade after we left the congregation so that they and us could at least have decent memories of one another. And thats what we did.......two final thoughts. After we said our goodbyes to the friends....... as we drove out of this small (7000) city I felt really bothered by something.....after 3 or so years we didn't have a single non witness to say good by to. It was like we had never lived there! The other thing I wanted to mention is that one of my extra duties was to be the publisher cards servant (whatever it was called) and lo and behold our publishers cards went missing!

Our fade was successful no DF no shunning. That wasn't a problem.....the problem was learning how to live in the real world. It took us at least five years before I felt like I knew what I was doing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit